Author Topic: Phatnoise Help!!!  (Read 4172 times)

Offline bechervaise

Phatnoise Help!!!
« on: July 04, 2005, 09:08:43 pm »
One day I was listening to my phatnoise the head unit beeped and said no magazine??? I figured I may have some corrupt files so I format and update firmware.

I put the DMS back in, the system tries to boot up but wont recognize the DMS. When I insert the DMS the red light goes on as if trying to start...this is where the green light is supposed to start flashing...then both light are to turn off and the system is ready to go. On mine the red light goes on, then after a couple seconds the pahtbox shuts down. My system will continue this cycle, no green light ever comes on.

After this, I tried to reset the whole system by unplugging it from the car. I reconnected everything and the same thing happened. Red light on(as if trying to boot up), right light off. (system shuts down) But now instead of showing no magazine the VW head unit says No CD Changer. Also I'm unable to configure the head unit to scan for CD Changer (pushing 6 on radio to get access to options menu will not work.) The DMS works perfect on the computer, I can load and delete files at will, and the software recognizes it. This being said could the Head unit be the problem?

I'm currently running firmware ver. 7.02. I downloaded 6.0 off this site but don't know how to install it. Would this help my issue. Can anyone please help!!!

Offline bechervaise

Re: Phatnoise Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 09:09:38 pm »
Oh yeah. I called VW and Phatnoise and they were totaly useless!!!

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: Phatnoise Help!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 05:35:59 am »
try renaming your Plugins directory to "Plugins.old" I've seen that that way... also put on the debug rc file and create a bootload.log with about 1K of text in it