Author Topic: A place to say 'thanks'?  (Read 8719 times)

Offline Mr Anderson

A place to say 'thanks'?
« on: March 25, 2008, 06:41:22 pm »
I'm just so blown away with this site, and the tools you guys have developed to help the long suffering Phatnoise owners out here.

With a bit of careful reading, playing, and troubleshooting searches through the forums I have been able to successfully hack my Audi Phatnoise system and expand capacity from 20GB to 120GB - a true Godsend as I was struggling to find any replacement cartridge, let alone a sensibly priced one.

I don't have any questions, I don't have anything worthwhile to contribute since I know nothing, but I DO want to find somewhere to say thank you and to show my appreciation for what you have done.  I'd like to think that I'm not the only one, and there must be others who have been similarly successful and would like to show their appreciation too.

How about a general chat/appreciation forum where such posts can be collected so they don't spam up the hardcore information forums?

Thanks again guys! :)

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: A place to say 'thanks'?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 07:59:32 pm »
I added a "General" board - that should suffice...

Offline Mr Anderson

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 10:09:01 pm »
Perfect! Thanks once again.

Please feel free to move this thread to that forum if you think it appropriate - it looks so empty right now...

Offline glennh70

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 12:08:42 am »
Hi All

I would also like to give thanks to everyone who has contributed to PhatHack, without your help i would have never got my phatbox going, i would especially like to thank VorTechS for his great DMS hack program, you are brilliant.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 06:14:11 am »
Brilliant is a little excessive, but thank you!

The real brilliance lies with those who engineered all the relevant low level hacks....
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline S80_UK

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
  • Volvo S80 D5 with VW Phatbox
    • Volvo Phatbox Installation
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 02:24:49 pm »
Stu,

You are too modest.  Brilliance can be usefully defined as excellence in a skill that others lack.  Me, I can tweak bits and bytes and write simple C code to run under DOS (yes, really!) and I am very handy with a soldering iron (30 years in electronics, design, etc).  BUT, I no absolutely nothing, zilch, zip, zero, about putting together stuff that can run under windows.  The way that you have put this stuff together makes you (in my eyes) brilliant for doing what you have done.  The same goes for Sam, Judb and others.  It is the combination of the elements that has made the tools and the site what they are now.

So thanks to all of you from me.

My contribution is help when you upgrade your motor to a Volvo...   ;)

Cheers,

Les.

Offline mnflycaster

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 03:23:18 am »
Thanks to all you folks!
I have confidence now that my phatboxes will service my two vw variants for several years to come!