Author Topic: Kenwood Music Keg to replace phatbox in VW w/Navi AND Kenwood remote.  (Read 4459 times)

Offline Actualsizeaudio

• A few posts under my belt.
Hey everyone. I currently am using a VW phatbox successfully modified with the eddie fiola mod in my Passatt with my VW Nav system. The first owner of the car had a Kenwood sirius radio installed. It was the unit with the remote control, and he had it installed very nicely above the rear view mirror. Now that I no longer use the radio I am looking at this remote and I realize that it will control a Kenwood Music Keg.

My question is this: can I use a music Keg instead of my phatbox, and use both the CD changer controls of the VW navi system, and ALSO the Kenwood remote. This way I could see track ID info on the remote, and have it not be a dead piece of gear sitting above my mirror. I notice the keg has 2 connections on the rear of the unit for data. one is a small round 5 pin which is the cable that comes off of my remote. The other looks just like the connector on the back of my phatbox. Not sure if the pins are the same.

If anyone could shed any light on this I would be very happy.

Thanks