Author Topic: Problems updating Firmware 13.01 to Keg  (Read 4814 times)

Offline micmom

• A few posts under my belt.
Problems updating Firmware 13.01 to Keg
« on: July 25, 2005, 02:06:20 pm »
I am sure this was covered in the "old" Phatnoise forum.
I downloaded 13.01 from Phatnoise onto my 60 GB DMS and then follwed their instructions to update the Keg - radio off, disconnect cable from Keg, insert DMS, connect cable, switch on radio, when green lights blinks fast on keg turn off radio.
The problem is that the Keg seems to go into some sort of loop - green light blinks fast, blinks slowly, green light steady - then blinks slowly, blinks fast etc, etc.
I left it overnight and it is still doing the same.
The result is that the head unit does not display the Keg at all.
Would appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

admin

Re: Problems updating Firmware 13.01 to Keg
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 02:09:19 pm »
Have you tried removing the DMS from the keg, disconnecting the Keg-->HU cable for a few seconds, and then plugging it back in and reinserting the DMS?  (All with the car off, of course.)

Offline micmom

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 04:01:46 pm »
Paul, thans for your response. My wife tried what you said but it's still the same as described above.

Is there a file that can be deleted or a flag setting that will stop the keg from trying to load the firmware from the DMS? At least then I can still use the 60gig in my other car.
Thanks.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 04:26:43 pm »
yes you can remove the file forceupdate and the file forcesettings from the PHTSYS partition to fix that firmware update attempt.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 08:42:06 pm »
I am sure this was covered in the "old" Phatnoise forum.
I downloaded 13.01 from Phatnoise onto my 60 GB DMS and then follwed their instructions to update the Keg - radio off, disconnect cable from Keg, insert DMS, connect cable, switch on radio, when green lights blinks fast on keg turn off radio.
The problem is that the Keg seems to go into some sort of loop - green light blinks fast, blinks slowly, green light steady - then blinks slowly, blinks fast etc, etc.
I left it overnight and it is still doing the same.
The result is that the head unit does not display the Keg at all.
Would appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

What you describe could be an error code on the boot.  How many times does it blink?  Are you sure this is a VALID DMS?  If you have another DMS, try that
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 08:42:48 pm by sbingner »

Offline micmom

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 05:06:39 pm »
Well I finally opened the Keg to find that the ribbon cable, that connects the DMS to the pc board, had come loose. The cable does not fit snugly and needs the clips on either side to secure it. Problem is that these clips are not (now?) doing this properly.
Secured the clips with a tie-back and voila! the Keg works like a dream!

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions.