Author Topic: replacement drive  (Read 8586 times)

Offline cheese

replacement drive
« on: March 07, 2005, 05:24:48 am »
My salesman at Magnolia told me that he had upgraded his Phatbox (Keg) to a larger hard drive.  Can someone please describe precisely what happens when the hard drive is swapped?

Offline MarkH

Re: replacement drive
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 12:57:05 pm »
you put the dms in, the lights keep flashing, that's it (as in nothing else happens, you can't play music)

Offline A543

• Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 04:15:19 pm »
cheese, these are the type of leads we need to follow up on. Your salesman might know something we don't. Would it be possible for you to ask him if he just purchased a larger DMS, or if he actually was able to upgrade the hard drive in his existing DMS somehow.
Maybe you aren't a hardware techy or don't know much about programming, but you could certainly contribute here by talking to that saleman.

Offline gallagher419

• A few posts under my belt.
  • Freakin' sweet!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 08:30:20 pm »
Find out what kind of Phatbox the salesman has because the red phatboxes were upgradeable.
"Gays don't vomit. They're a very clean people. And they have been ever since they came to this country from France."

Offline cheese

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 04:34:33 pm »
Unfortunately that Magnolia store closed.  (I bought their demo unit.)  I'll call a couple more locations and see if that salesman just switched stores.  Or he may have been fibbing.

I am an engineer, A543, but I'm mechanical so my programming skills are really freaking rusty.