Author Topic: Vista PC not recognizing CD drive when encoding.  (Read 5007 times)

Offline 305south

Vista PC not recognizing CD drive when encoding.
« on: May 14, 2009, 10:00:58 pm »
I just got a new PC with Vista and loaded PMM 3.92 on it but when I try to Encode a CD by using the "Copy CD" button I get an error saying "No CD Audio Drives Found" even though it reads the CD and resolves it via Gracenotes. Has anyone seen this issue before? I looked and the CD/DVR drive is SATA. Don't know if that makes a difference.  ???

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: Vista PC not recognizing CD drive when encoding.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 06:56:49 pm »
The problem is that you are using a program (PMM) that is four or five years old at this point, which has not been updated in all those years to work with newer CD writers, on an operating system (Vista) for which it was not designed. 

I would suggest ditching Vista and switching to XP, but it might not solve your particular problem, as it's hit and miss whether the Phatnoise software will work or not with newer drives, regardless of the OS.  Instead, I would strongly encourage you to just use different ripping/burning software -- there are plenty of free programs out there that do the job much better and even faster than PMM anyway.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS