Author Topic: Wiped DMS now I lost all my voices!  (Read 7356 times)

Offline andycole

Wiped DMS now I lost all my voices!
« on: May 21, 2009, 01:19:57 pm »
Hi All

I had loads of new songs to add to my orignal 20gb DMS, which didn't fit, and I've also been having problems with the unit anyway, so I decided to wipe my DMS from within music manager and re-sync my MP3's.  That all worked except now I only have the barely understandable 'Microsoft Sam' as my voice prompts.  I'm sure I had 'Crystal' or something like that before.

My question is, where do I get the additional voices from and how do I install them to music manager?  I assume that the additional voices were lost during an upgrade or something.

Cheers
Andy.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Wiped DMS now I lost all my voices!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 09:41:40 pm »
You can install the voices by re-installing the AT&T voice engine.
The download is available from phatnoise.us, but you need to be a registered user to see the downloads link.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 09:42:04 am »
You can install the voices by re-installing the AT&T voice engine.
The download is available from phatnoise.us, but you need to be a registered user to see the downloads link.

The original poster said he only wiped the DMS, which shouldn't change anything on the host system (where the voices are generated). I think the various media/music manager programs have the ability to re-generate all the voice tags (select the appropriate TTS voice first).

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 01:19:40 pm »
The OP makes reference to an upgrade, and asks where to get the Voices from as they only have MS SAM now. ;)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 01:31:07 pm »
The OP makes reference to an upgrade, and asks where to get the Voices from as they only have MS SAM now. ;)

Could be. Or the TTS settings were reset to the defaults. I don't believe the Microsoft Speech API is installed by default on any Windows version, so it is likely it (and the AT&T Crystal/Mike voices) were installed as part of PMM.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 09:23:30 am »
Windows XP has SAPI 5, with MS SAM installed by default.

Offline andycole

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 03:46:33 pm »
Hi

My problem was with the host PC, and wiping the DMS just alerted me to the problem, I don't think it was the cause of it.  At some point, I lost AT&T Crystal, I must have uninstalled it by mistake.  Since I wiped the DMS, the host PC obviously needed to re-generate everything and that is when I discovered that I only had SAM.

I've downloaded Jennifer now, thanks to help from VortechS  :)

Andy