Author Topic: Audi Help  (Read 10330 times)

Offline lushman

Audi Help
« on: May 26, 2009, 05:02:41 pm »
Hi Folks, Firstly apologies if this is repeated but I have spent the last hour trying to figure the 'Hacks@ out.
I bout a PB of Ebay that has come from a BMW. I tried fitting it to my Audi that has a RNS-D HU. Once plugged in the HU stated 'No CD Changer' I fiddled about with the cables but nothing. I could hear the drive turning for a second or two then stop and then repeat. The lights on the PB did flicker as what it said in the manual. I looked at the DMS today after reading through some of the posts and found my DMS is set up for BMW ver9.
How do I remove the BMW and add my Audi?
The PB I have is : VA-012-PBOX rev- and cradle DMS-USB2 revB.
Any help would be great as I am a newbie to these and only found out about a PB a couple of months ago!

Regards Paul

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Audi Help
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 06:42:09 am »
Have a look here at my DMS tools which will allow you to perform a firmware update.

http://forum.phathack.com/index.php/topic,1641.0.html

You will need to assume that you box is not hacked, so you will need to ensure the options 'Install non-hacked firmware' and 'Reflash box' are checked.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 04:50:07 am »
if it's not -- hack it or you'll regret it sometime later ;)

Offline lushman

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 06:56:42 pm »
Thanks for all your help. PB now working with my HU!

Paul