Author Topic: DMS Cradle/Cartridge Not Recognised on my Macbook  (Read 4426 times)

Offline dibbs26

• A few posts under my belt.
DMS Cradle/Cartridge Not Recognised on my Macbook
« on: July 03, 2009, 10:49:26 pm »
I have connected this many times in the past and the 'Phtsys' symbol has come up on my desktop.
I tried connecting it tonight and loading up the music from the cartridge and an error message is being displayed which says ' couldnt find dms cartridge'.
The unit has power to it, the red light is on and when the cartridge is installed the green light comes on for a second but then nothing.
Any help appreciated
 :(

Offline bjorna

Re: DMS Cradle/Cartridge Not Recognised on my Macbook
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 10:34:47 am »
Hi, it's been a while since you posted, so perhaps you've fixed this? Anyway, my troubled experience was that after upgrading the Mac OS X earlier this spring, the DMS (none of the partitions) were recocnized or showed up in Finder or Disk Utility. I tried quite a few fixes, and eventually found that this works consistently for me:

Insert the DMS into the cradle
Shut down the Mac and leave it off for a minute
Power up again, still with the cradle connected and DMS inserted

This mounts the DMS and I can use PhatMac as before.

BJ

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
Re: DMS Cradle/Cartridge Not Recognised on my Macbook
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 07:49:54 am »
If you look over here, you'll see that I'm working on a replacement circuit board for the DMS Cradle which should work better with modern operating systems. I'd really like to get a Mac owner (preferably in the US) who has a Phatbox to test out the board before I start producing them. If you're interested, all you need to do is let me know, and promise to return the board when you've finished testing and report back how it worked.

Note that since this is a prototype for development, you'll need to remove the hard disk from your DMS and mount it on the prototype (the prototype only has a 44-pin mini-IDE connector, not the normal DMS connector). If you've hacked your box and replaced the drive, this is just as easy.