Author Topic: Kenwood kdc-mp632u ac drive and new computer questions  (Read 25368 times)

Offline dwmoss

Kenwood kdc-mp632u ac drive and new computer questions
« on: August 07, 2009, 04:36:53 pm »
Hello All,

I found this wonderful site trying to find out more info about phatnoise media manager.

I've been using phatnoise for a year or more on a media center computer after purchasing a kdc-mp632u headunit for my car.  Typically just copying my songs to a usb flash drive the kenwood unit will use.  I do like the voice indication when advancing through albums etc.

I have built a new pc (currently running win7 rc1) and will be transfering files from my old media center pc.
I am currently having issues finding my original install disc.  (I haven't searched everywhere yet, just in the locations I thought I placed it)

My questions are this:

1. If I do find the original install disc it seems that I will have a problem during the install due to phatnoise not being around anymore.  I believe there's a work around here.

2.  If I don't find the install disc, can I use the phathack media manger to do what I need??

3.  Are there any specific files/license information I should copy from my old pc to help me on my new pc??

Thanks in advance

dm

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Kenwood kdc-mp632u ac drive and new computer questions
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 09:01:06 am »
PhatHack Media Manager currently does not support ACDrive, as I have not been able to establish the format of the databases ACDrive generates which is NOT the same as the PhatBox ones.

I do have plans to add this support in a future version.  You can download the latest version of PhatNoise Media Manager (No Activation version) from phatnoise.us (as a registered user) - using the workaround you can find on this site which should get you up and running on Win7.

Also, if you have the Kenwood USB 1.1 crade, you should also install ActivSynch (or Mobile I think they call it now) which will enable you to use your od cradle.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline dwmoss

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 01:07:32 pm »
VorTechS,

Thanks for the reply and all your time and effort on this site!!!

I don't beleive I have any form of cradle at all.  It is only a port from that back of the headunit that I can plug in a usb memory stick.

I'll try to download the latest version (no activation) and search for the work around.

Once again, thanks for all your work and effort.

dm

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 02:40:30 pm »
Oooops, yes - brain was not quite in gear there..... ;)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline dwmoss

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 02:54:51 pm »
I tried registering at phatnoise.us a few days ago, but never got the activation email.  I just had it resend the email.  I'll let you know if I get it.

thanks

dm

Offline dwmoss

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 04:13:57 pm »
Got my activation email thanks.....

dm

Offline dwmoss

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 03:54:13 pm »
I just used PMM 3.92 (no activation ver) to update my 8gb usb stick for my kenwood today.

I'm currently running win7 rc1 (64bit) I had a couple weird errors during install (didn't seem to effect it)

I did copy the attvoicehack.msi file that was posted at brian jones site. I'm not sure if I needed this or not.

I just verified my transfered music onto the usb and i still get the voice prompts (which is what I was looking for)

I did get a pmm error when trying to eject the usb stick through it, but no problems with playing the usb stick in my kenwood head unit.

VorTechS, thanks again SO VERY MUCH!!!

all the best
dm

Offline dwmoss

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 05:18:34 pm »
wow, pretty slow sub forum eh....

i'm back, I'm currently running windows 7 64 bit and need to reinstall.
i need to reread some to reinstall pmm

dm

Offline dwmoss

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 09:47:00 pm »
reinstalled the no activation required on my win7 64bit system last night.

used xp sp3 compatability mode and ran as administrator.  working fine now.

VorTechS, thanks again for your previous help and this site.

dm

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 08:39:55 am »
Good to see you are back up and running :)