Author Topic: Audi Phatbox not working  (Read 5681 times)

Offline volksdude27

Audi Phatbox not working
« on: August 24, 2009, 08:37:56 pm »
Here is the problem:

1st: I bought a used Vw phatbox with vw cable and soft, I then bought a audi cable and upgraded the firmware to the latest one

But when I plug the thing into the car; everything goes as it should first hand, the firmware upgrade is done and both light goes off

but when I try to start the thing (going on changer mode on the radio) it doesn't prompt me anything, just behave like a normal cd changer, I can change disk and choose track, but there's no sound coming out of it and no playing message

Is my box a defec one or it is something I do or did wrong?

By the way car is a 01 TT with audi concert cassette player

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Audi Phatbox not working
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 06:28:28 am »
It's hard to say.  What did you use to update the firmware?
Have you loaded music onto the DMS?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline volksdude27

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 05:09:59 pm »
yes music was loaded in media manager (like discs wich I didn't the first time)

I updated the firmware using the program here (can't recall the name but it's the windows version that let you install a hacked firmware or not)

Offline volksdude27

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 10:01:06 pm »
update:

Here is the full problem now

Everything goes as planned in term of firmware flashing it's when I try to start the unit then something is wrong.

It doesn't prompt me to choose my headunit or any welcome message, just goes to cd1Tr01 and I can hear a buzzing sound.

I can change the cd/tracks tough, but same buzzing sound and after a couple seconds it goes back to cd1/tr01 but cannot enter setup by 6 button, if I hit that button it goes to cd6

as for the green light, it blinks very fast randomly but it doesn't seems to be reading anything

*I checked my product too and it tells me I have phatbox platinum edition could this be a potential problem or is it correct?*
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 10:25:28 pm by volksdude27 »

Offline volksdude27

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 01:16:06 am »
after reading a lot on similar problem,I came to the conclusion my DMS is faulty. But I cannot use this one to hack the box

so I'm asking here if somebody has a working dms (don't mind the size of it) for sale or lease (yeah i did say lease)

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 03:03:55 am »
after reading a lot on similar problem,I came to the conclusion my DMS is faulty. But I cannot use this one to hack the box

so I'm asking here if somebody has a working dms (don't mind the size of it) for sale or lease (yeah i did say lease)

If the green light on the box is flashing rapidly, it could mean that the firmware is being updated, which can take up to 15 minutes.

You should probably post where you're located, since this forum has members all over the world.

Offline volksdude27

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 05:48:51 am »
yup you're right,I'm in canada but as for buying, I'm interested anywhere