Author Topic: Just bought Audi phatbox and need a little help  (Read 5431 times)

Offline Mojuice98

Just bought Audi phatbox and need a little help
« on: September 04, 2009, 04:46:51 am »
I just bought a phatbox that was out of an Audi, it did not come with the adater cable, but I see a couple on ebay.  Are there anymore pieces I would need to hook the phatbox up to a kenwood Unit (I have sony now, but am willing to purchase kenwood to make things easier).  It is going into a Toyota.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Just bought Audi phatbox and need a little help
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 06:28:54 am »
What exactly did you get with your PhatBox?  You say no adapter cable, but did you get a DMS cartridge and USB cradle too?

If not, you'll need those.  Once you have the Kenwood adapter cable (Part No. KHD-5L1 IIRC) and the above, then all you need is software to manage the device from your computer.

If you have a MAC, you can look at PhatMac.
If you have a PC, you have a choice of

PhatNoise Media Manager (No Activation version available to registered users at http://phatnoise.us)
PhatHack Media Manager (Available to registered users at http://phathackmm.com)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Mojuice98

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 12:09:52 am »
I got the phatbox unit, the cradle, the DMS cartridge, the cd software, and install manual.  I believe all I need is the cable that you recommended.   I will be searching the internet to see if I can get one.  I found a couple of kenwood in dash cd players with cd changer controls, so I will be looking to see if I can find a cord/adapter that will connect to the one you recommended.

Offline Mojuice98

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 12:31:12 am »
Hey I know of the cable for the PB and I have it connected to the HU, but How do I sync the HU with the PB so that the HU can conttrol the PB.  I have a KDC MP232.  when I go to cd changer mode, it just says AUX EXT.  Now the manual I have tells me how to configure the HU for VW and AUDI, but not for a kenwood HU

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 07:04:36 am »
Have you updated the DMS and installed the Kenwood firmware on it?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Mojuice98

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 03:38:42 pm »
I have installed the DMS tool software and I get the message; t would appear the patch failed on your PhatBox, please join the PhatHack Community forums [http://forum.phathack.com] and post the contents of the file PHTSYS/logfile.txt 

Patch was not applied or failed to start, there is no patchverify.log

I could not find a PHTSYS/logfile.txt, what should I do next?