Author Topic: WTB: BMW Blitzsafe adapter for Phatbox  (Read 6310 times)

Offline InfoProf

WTB: BMW Blitzsafe adapter for Phatbox
« on: September 05, 2009, 05:41:36 pm »
Please, if anyone has a BMW Blitzsafe adapter for sale, I would be very eager to chat. Mine fritzed (my own fault - I foolishly tried to build my own cable without knowledge or tools) and I miss the convenience of using my steering wheel controls with the PB. I really do not want to go the DICE route - it just seems so flimsy after the PB.

/Stephen Hayward
Calgary, Alberta
Canada

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
Re: WTB: BMW Blitzsafe adapter for Phatbox
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 11:22:31 pm »
Please, if anyone has a BMW Blitzsafe adapter for sale, I would be very eager to chat. Mine fritzed (my own fault - I foolishly tried to build my own cable without knowledge or tools) and I miss the convenience of using my steering wheel controls with the PB. I really do not want to go the DICE route - it just seems so flimsy after the PB.

Blitzsafe still offers it - click here. You'll need to open the box and re-solder one jumper:

5o o=o12

Re-solder it so the center pin is connected only to 5 instead of 12:

5o=o o12

The cable isn't available new. You can buy the parts to make one - the info is on the Wiki here. I've made 3 for various people and I'd PM you with a price, but I'm leaving for a month-long vacation tomorrow. Blitzsafe can also make a cable, but the one I saw didn't work and wasn't constructed well (it didn't work because some of the pins were shorted to each other).

Offline az1324

• Getting the hang of things.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 06:17:58 am »
Just an update he got one of my factory made cables and was able to repair the Blitzsafe so all is well.  If anyone else needs a cable just let me know.

Offline InfoProf

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 03:44:03 pm »
Just a note to thank you all for the great reponses to my problem.

As noted, I was able to get my unit back online, but I can't tell you how valuable this forum was in making that happen.

/Steve