Author Topic: help upgrade 320gb harddisk  (Read 5517 times)

Offline hippo

help upgrade 320gb harddisk
« on: September 19, 2009, 07:59:27 pm »
Hi everyone

I tried upgrade to 320GB harddisk for few days without any luck(I did search posts). can anyone spoonfeed me step by step instructions. Greatly appreciated. Hippo

reason to upgrade: 2003 BMW 330I with premium system just upgrade speaker running JL cleansweep want to encode Cd's' with lossless

I have 20GB DMS working well before upgrading speakers. after upgraded previous encoded MP3 sounds like something is missing.

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: help upgrade 320gb harddisk
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 09:39:18 am »
Not sure what problems you are having in upgrading.  Getting a 250 or 320 to work with PMM software is the main trick.  Note that they will NOT work in Windows Vista, only XP. 

Here is a step by step for the 250 drive, and the same steps apply to the 320:  http://forum.phathack.com/index.php/topic,1949.0.html
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline hippo

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 01:38:31 pm »
Mark, THANKS for the reply. I already read your earlier post.

what I did was created new DMS with phathack tool, but my phat box does not boot; also try phathack DMS did not boot either after 2 boots third boot failed.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 07:05:33 am »
Is your PhatBox hacked?  You can't replace the disk without having first hacked the PhatBox to allow a new dis to be used.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline hippo

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 12:06:56 am »
Thanks Vortech, you are right I did not realize I had to use the original to hack box. The DMS is ok but have problem with PMM(currentsetup error) I tried to use PhathackMM but had hard time creating playlist & move songs) are there instructions on how to use phathackMM? how to replace speech voice(very hard to understand). Thanks Hippo

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 06:56:27 am »
There is currently no help for PhatHack MM, as I've just not had the time to get that far!
I did start a WIKI section and will try and keep that moving along, and that can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:DJ_VorTechS/PhatHack_Media_Manager/Manual

It might be a useful read anyway, as it might give you an insight into how the application treats devices/folders.

In the meantime where are you struggling with creating playlists and movign songs?

To change the TTS voice, go to 'Tools', 'Options' and then select the 'Encoder Settings' tab.
Drop down the 'Device/Folder' list and select your DMS.  Modify the TTS settings at the bottom, generally you should only need to change the voice.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)