Author Topic: aac plug in for VW/Audi Phatbox....Can't quite grasp how to hack it.. help  (Read 4315 times)

Offline allroad_RS27

i am reading the threads and the downloads page and I am not sure whats the steps.... I am good with mechanical stuff but all this hackin' busyness is a bit confusing for me .... Please give me an idea where do I start with this

thanks to all

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Simply download the DMS Tools, switch to DMS Tools Mode (click on the DMS Tools Mode button)

Select your DMS in the dropdown
Select the firmware/version combination you know to be on the DMS
Uncheck the option 'Reflash Box'
If your box is not hacked, ensure the option 'Install non-hacked firmware' is checked
Ensure the option 'Install AAC' is checked
Click on 'Upgrade Firmware'

Check out the DMS to make sure it still works in the car.

Make sure you are running the latest version of PhatNoise Media/Music Manager (if necessary download it from the PhatNoise.us) site which provides AAC file support and you should be good to go!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline allroad_RS27

I am doing it right now....will report tomorrow if it worked...
Let me just say here that you guys are keeping this real and alive... Otherwise the ones like me are doomed ....
Where do I make a contribution?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Take a look for information on donations:

http://www.phathack.com/index.cgi?page=donations

Once you have the AAC plugin installed, look to hack your box if you haven't already done so!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)