Author Topic: Anyone want to rent me a hacked DMS? My DMS is dead.  (Read 5434 times)

Offline orangedawg

Anyone want to rent me a hacked DMS? My DMS is dead.
« on: November 06, 2009, 09:56:34 pm »
I have a Phatbox in my Audi that's several years old but the hard drive in the DMS is now basically dead.  My phatbox player in my Audi will no longer recognize it.  I put the DMS the cradle and it occasionally will be recognized (most often not, like maybe 1 out of every 20 times).  I can sometimes access the music on it using Phatbox Media Player (or whatever that software is called).  But, when I try to use DMS Hack tools, it won't access drive. 

I'd like to rent someone's hacked DMS to update my Phatbox in my car (I can't recall if I did that several years ago, but I'm assuming I have not) and make a back-up of your drive using DMS tools so I can put a new hard drive in my dead DMS (I've got a new 80gig Samsung drive). 

Since I'm not sure if I have hacked my Phatbox (I remember going through the procedure several years ago but not sure if my box took the hack or not) I would prefer to borrow your DMS.  Or, I could send you my old DMS and my new hard drive and you could hack it for me.

Any help??  Thanks!

Offline S80_UK

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
  • Volvo S80 D5 with VW Phatbox
    • Volvo Phatbox Installation
Re: Anyone want to rent me a hacked DMS? My DMS is dead.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 11:41:58 am »
Or, I could send you my old DMS and my new hard drive and you could hack it for me.
Won't work.  The hack is applied to the Phatbox and this can only be done using an original DMS.  The DMS is simply the means of conveying the hack to the box.  Once the Phatbox has been hacked, however, then you can create a DMS using any suitable drive, and this can be done without having an original DMS available.

So, either you need to borrow an original DMS to hack your box, or you need to send the Phatbox to someone who can hack it for you.  Either way, it will help folks to help you if you can let us know where abouts you are based.  Some forum members are in the US, some in mainland Europe, some in the UK, others elsewhere.  Thanks.