Author Topic: Some advice required please  (Read 4053 times)

Offline marmite

Some advice required please
« on: November 27, 2009, 11:51:35 pm »
Evening Guys

New guy in town!

I have had Phatnoise for 5years well since launched and never had an issue, but my car was stolen and the stole the Phatnoise out the boot
Loving the system I bought another one off ebay Brandnew in the box all good

I run Vista Home Premium 64 bit and instaled PMM on to it, using my old DMS I had no real issues loading music on from my Qnap drive.

My problem started since I got my new DMS
It won't eject correctly and says another programme is using the DMS so close everything and try again
The funny thing is the music is on and the voice tags work OK

BUT I have now used my XP Tablet and tidyed up the DMS all working OK

On the screen it now says Wrong CD! in the top left hand corner, I'm using RNSE-e Audi unit in a RS6, don't ever remember seeing this before.
2 questions
1 how can I get it working on Vista correctly
2. How do I get rid of the Wrong CD! ???

Very gratefully for any pointers on this subject
My IT skills are litmited
cheers

Simon

Offline jheyerman

• Getting the hang of things.
Re: Some advice required please
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 01:18:49 pm »
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest you have the wrong firmware on your new box.   Download VorTechS' DMSTools (see sticky) and under DMStools select new firmware (I would think you want Audi 7.02 firmware), reflash box, and install unhacked firmware, if your phatbox is not hacked. Then place updated DMS in box and wait 10 mins or so until LEDs stop flashing - the DMS will upload the new firmware onto the box.  Turn on the radio, and see if it works.

Don't have an answer for the Vista question
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 01:20:45 pm by jheyerman »

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Some advice required please
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 08:03:54 am »
I'm not sure if this is still the case, but it could well be Vista ReadyBoost is holding open a connection to your DMS.

Instructions on disabling readyboost can be found here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial136.html#disabling
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)