Author Topic: Almost there with v2.13, but one question remains...!  (Read 6379 times)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Almost there with v2.13, but one question remains...!
« on: January 18, 2010, 10:25:25 am »
So version 2.13 of the tools is pretty much there, which has included testing on Windows Vista, and has been used to hack an unhacked box (Kenwood Keg).

I have noticed that the 'Create New DMS' function is not creating a playlist by default.
I'm thinking that perhaps it should, but what does everyone else think?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline vwaudiboy

Re: Almost there with v2.13, but one question remains...!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 10:59:02 pm »
I think it would be nice but how would you specify which songs you want to be on the playlist while creating the new DMS?

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 12:57:48 am »
I have noticed that the 'Create New DMS' function is not creating a playlist by default.
I'm thinking that perhaps it should, but what does everyone else think?

It should probably create one with text-to-speech of "Your new DMS has been successfully created". Doesn't the box get a bit confused if it starts with no playlists?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 10:31:12 am »
The box doesn't - but the head unit may show 'Aux - Out', 'No CD' etc etc which they do when they don't see the box, or there are other problems with the box.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline orangedawg

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 10:24:30 pm »
Any update on this yet? I need to hack my phatbox but don't have XP, just Vista (didn't work for me) and W7.  Thanks for all your work!

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 07:08:35 am »
I do have a pre-version ready to go, I'll PM you the link - it doesn't have the playlist generation for the 'Create New DMS' function though....