Author Topic: 2009 Head unit compatibility with Keg  (Read 9743 times)

Offline Brian C

2009 Head unit compatibility with Keg
« on: October 21, 2009, 06:57:19 pm »
I remember reading on here a couple or so threads about making new Kenwood Head Units work with the Keg (910 in my case) but can't seem to find the specific one I remember. The only therad I can find suggests that new HU's (post 2008) wont work with the Keg. I do seem to recall there being other thoughts on this and can't find them - or maybe I imagined it :-)

Can anyone who has direct experience or remembers some of these discussions previously offer any advice as to whether it's a complete no-go or there's a work around - I seem to recall something about a splitter cable ?? I'm looking at the KDC-W7544U unit which has a changer interface but despite what I was told in the shop what I read on here might suggest it wont control the Keg. I also notice discussion about firmware re-writes for supporting alternative HU's, is that the obstacle, that the firmware doesn't talk to the Keg properly?

Brian.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: 2009 Head unit compatibility with Keg
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 07:31:32 pm »
I believe what you are looking for is the KCA-220 switch unit.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Brian C

Re: 2009 Head unit compatibility with Keg
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 09:00:20 am »
I believe what you are looking for is the KCA-220 switch unit.

Ah, that's it, I remember now. Thanks!