Author Topic: Audi Phatbox to Kenwood HU  (Read 9356 times)

Offline jemmyboy

Audi Phatbox to Kenwood HU
« on: January 31, 2010, 05:35:10 pm »
Hi all,

This is my first post on here and must say its a tremendous site, been reading posts and there are many ppl that know there stuff

I hope some of them can help with my little problem, here goes....

I have a Audi Phatbox which was linked to the oem Concert HU, however, I have subsequently upgraded this to a Kenwood KDC-W6031 HU so I could enjoy the phatbox along with a amp and sub. However, after trying to connect everything up it soon  became apparent that its not a simple plug and play as I initially thought it would be :'(. The oem HU has a 20 pin connector that it seems can not be got around. So I'm hoping someone could help me as it seems the only way around my dilemma is to connect the phatbox directly into the Kenwood HU. Can this be done?, and if so what cable do I need?

Reading some of the detail on this forum it seems I will also need to update the firmware to the kewood keg firmware. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks in advance 
Jem

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Audi Phatbox to Kenwood HU
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 10:52:42 am »
You'll need the correct connector (Part No: KHD-5L1).

And it looks like you can still get it from here: http://www.kenwoodparts.com/parts/prefind.php

Then as you say, you'll need to flash your box with firmware version 13.01 which you can use the DMS tools for: http://forum.phathack.com/index.php/topic,1641.0.html
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline jbdbsb123

Re: Audi Phatbox to Kenwood HU
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 07:22:07 pm »
Hello.
VortechS is absolutely correct! Just get the Kenwood cable ($50.00), reconfigure the DMS and your ready to go!
  I've done this so many times I've lost count. You see, I offer Phatnoise products on E-bay seller "jbdbsb" and the DMS cartridges I sell have all been reconfigured from VW/Audi, GM, Mazda, etc. to Kenwood with absolutely no problems EVER! I've been doing it for nearly ten years.
  Jeff
  jbdbsb123@aol.com