Author Topic: !@#$#%% screwed my phatbox! had the old patch done years ago, ran new today DEAD  (Read 5831 times)

Offline brax

• A few posts under my belt.
hey guys

so i patched a clone drive for my audi phatbox years ago... ran great, today some water got in my trunk and corrupted a system file on the phatbox...

so i took the clone drive out installed my OEM drive, popped it into the changer, it played fine, so i took the OEM drive out popped back in my clone drive, notta.... "changer not found" so i ran this new phathack tools, couldnt find a user guide on how to hack anywhere, both links are down,  anyways, i ran the phathack tools, selected 5.0.1 firmware which is what PMM told me is what i had, followed the steps, it asked to insert my original OEM DMS HDD which i did, now neither DSM HDDs will work in the changer!!!

i tried delete'n the ramdisc.sig  file and replacing it without any luck, i have tried update'n the DMS firmware from PMM and it wont find any files or recognize the audi firmware... the DMS still plays fine with PMM both i believe,

what i think happened is my keg in the car got half flashed...? maybe i yanked the cartridge out when it was flashing?

anyways i am STUCK and if anyone can give me some pointers that would be so F'n great! :)

i do believe i have a oem backup somewhere of my OEM DMS cart... however have no idea how to apply any of it ,
maybe if anyone can help or knows a link to a web guide?

thanks

Offline brax

• A few posts under my belt.
nevermind guys figured it out

"Ran the DMS tools again.
Select the option 'Create New DMS' in the toolbar at the top
Select your DMS and the firmware for Volkswagen (v7.02)     "whichever your car is"
Ensure the option 'Install Non-hacked firmware' is ticked/checked
Click on the 'Update Firmare' button on the second (lower) toolbar.