Author Topic: REMINDER: Please use "Report to moderator" if you see a spam post  (Read 12520 times)

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
7 hours or so a new user posted 6 identical spam messages in various sub-forums here. By the time I discovered this, all of those posts had been viewed multiple times. Discounting one view by the original poster and one by me when I deleted it, that still leaves up to 4 views by other forum members.

If you see a post like this, please use the "Report to moderator" button at the bottom right of the post to let one of us know to take a look at things right away.

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
Re: REMINDER: Please use "Report to moderator" if you see a spam post
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 09:30:37 am »
I'd like to remind all members to use the "Report to moderator" button if you ever see a spam post. I was away from the forum for 2 days and came back to find 128 new posts, all of them spam. If I had received any reports, I might have been able to ban the users involved before they were able to drop their full quota of spam here (which would make it a lot easier for me to clean up - whoever banned the first spammer didn't bother to delete any of the spam posts, so I had to manually delete all 121 of them). I would much rather have duplicate spam reports than duplicate spam!

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: REMINDER: Please use "Report to moderator" if you see a spam post
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 07:41:20 am »
Hmm, I'm guessing between sbingner and yourself, you'd dealt with this before I got here as I wasn't aware of any spam. :)

Now, stop deleting spam, and make cradle boards! :D
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)