Author Topic: New car, new issues  (Read 10370 times)

Offline Guillermo

New car, new issues
« on: April 18, 2010, 07:46:34 pm »
I Just got a new (2001) BMW with a Phatnoise system. I've got all the parts, Software,DMS Craddle USB2 and DMS cartridge.
After installing the software the computer will not run the autodetection since the hard drive is malfuctionig (it doesn't work)
Can I just change the hard drive? do I need especific drivers in the DMS?
When I connect the DMS cartridge in the craddle I can hear the hard drive clicking but no turning
Please help!!

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: New car, new issues
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 07:03:42 am »
If the DMS disk is broken (which it obviously is in the case), unless you have a hacked PhatBox you won't be able to replace the disk inside the cartridge with your own.  If you still have contact with the original owner of the car, it would be worth seeing if they ever got round to hacking the box.

If not, you can still however buy original replacement disks, we still have a source!

The person I have in mind may make themselves known ... but I'll prod them anyway for you....
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline phasolutions.com

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 07:27:12 pm »
Thanks VortechS

I have inventory of DMS cartridges if you need one

http://thetechhouse.gotdns.com/Joomla/

Offline Guillermo

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 11:33:29 pm »
Ok I've got a new DMS Cartridge on the mail.
Windows will not install the cradle and it is not working. Any suggestions?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 07:30:18 am »
What version of Windows are you running... and if you flip the cradle upside down - what model number do you see on the label underneath?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Guillermo

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 04:27:50 am »
I'm using Windows XP and the cradle is a DMS-USB2rev
Thanks!

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 07:49:03 am »
Try using the new DMS in your cradle once it arrives, if it's still not working swap the port you are plugging it into just to make sure there isn't a problem with the port you are using.

Also, when plugging your new DMS into the cradle you should see the Red light constantly lit and initially the green light should flicker a little.