Author Topic: Need help with Kenwood KHD-C710  (Read 4500 times)

Offline BillyDaKid

Need help with Kenwood KHD-C710
« on: April 25, 2010, 04:40:11 pm »
I have been lurking the broads for the past few weeks trying to learn about a Music Keg that I bought on EBay.  I bought a Kenwood DDX-7015 and it came with a Keg.  I had never heard of a music keg before this.  I learned as much a could before I got it.  Once it was received, I loaded all the proper software onto my comfusser, with no problem.  The install went without incident.  When I first tried the keg, all was well.  I just didn't like the music that was on it.  After installing MusicManger, DMS tools, and the manual, I set out to load the DMS with my own tunes.  And now it won't work.

When I select the keg, it sas loading for a few seconds, then it says eject, and stays there.  When I loaded my own tunes, I wiped the DMS.  And I did created a new DMS with the DMS Tools.  And still the same thing.  I did a troubleshoot, to see if I had a problem with loading, and all is good there.  But still the same thing.

So I decided to create a profile and turn it over to the experts.

Thank you in advance
BDK~

Offline BillyDaKid

Re: Need help with Kenwood KHD-C710
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 02:00:45 am »
Ok, after messing with it, I find that it will only read the "Default".  Any idea on how I can get it to read another profile?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 07:32:50 am »
As far as a I know you can't... I don't believe PhatNoise ever got round to implementing the Profile access from the head unit.  So you need to do everything under the default profile. 

You could probably cheat, and simply rename the profile folder on the PHDTA drive, so that whatever profile you put all your music under is renamed to 'Default' (beware case sensitivity!).  You probably only need to rename the folder.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline BillyDaKid

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 11:26:32 am »
That's what I kinda figured that I'd have to do.  I went and moved everything to the default profile, and all is well.

Thanks again