Author Topic: Cradle broken  (Read 9178 times)

Offline Guillermo

Cradle broken
« on: April 27, 2010, 04:25:18 am »
Can I take a part the DMS and mout it on a external hard drive encase and upload my music? I've tried with a non original hard drive (after installing the right firmware with the Phathack tools) and I could not eject the hard drive properly, but I have not tried with the original hard drive of the DMS.
I can not use my cradle since windows is not recognizing the usb device ( I'm completely lost here)
Thanks!
 ???

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Cradle broken
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 07:50:39 am »
You won't be able to do what you propose using PhatNoise software, but you should be able to using PhatHack Media Manager which is my replacement software I've been working on for the last few years .... ( http://phathackmm.com )
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Guillermo

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 07:43:54 pm »
I found out (after reading almost every blog ) that my problem was the AC adaptor + the wrong USB port.
It is fixed but after loading the DMS I boug at http://thetechhouse.gotdns.com/Joomla/   I get this on the display of the radio (2001 BMW325)
CD 1-

And there is no sound at all. I went to the box and the ligths are as follows

When I turn the cd on the red ligth comes on, a few seconds, then the green ligth comes on and stays on for 3-4 seconds and turns off, the red ligth still on for a few more seconds and then no ligths at all for 10 seconds. After these 10 seconds the cicle repeats again and again until I turn the radio off. the cicles last 30 seconds.
Can you help me?

Thanks

Guillermo

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 07:50:01 pm »
Sounds like the box is not booting correctly....if you have the version of the DMS tools that has the 'Boot Check' button, use it.
If not, download the latest version of the DMS Tools and then use that button! :)

Take the DMS out to the car let it have a go at booting, and the bring it back to the cradle, start the DMS tools and click on the button again.

It should then tell you what's wrong and we can help you more from there.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)