Author Topic: phatbox "no cd" error  (Read 4863 times)

Offline andyboy

phatbox "no cd" error
« on: May 07, 2010, 02:52:39 am »
My un-hacked phatbox in my VW worked great for years but occasionally would display "No CD". Sometimes just re-hitting the CD button fixed or other times I would remove the DMS and re-insert and all would be okay.  This last week none of these options worked and I ended up having to remove the car fuse for the phatbox (which is the fuse for the radio as well) and the problem is fixed for now.

I searched the forum for someone having the same problem but found nothing that fit mine.  Does this issue sound familiar to anyone?  The occurrences of this have not become more frequent so I am hoping my phatbox has many more years left in it.  I use it for audio books and I am becoming very well "read".

Offline SpinningRust

Re: phatbox "no cd" error
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 03:20:00 pm »
It has been awhile since I experienced this, so I'm a little fuzzy. I would occasionally get that problem as well, which would cause my head unit to look for a CD in the dash, and if none were found to switch to radio. The fix for me has been to shut the radio off and make sure the Phatbox has no lights on. If reinserting the DMS cartridge doesn't work, I would disconnect the cable on the back side of the actual PhatBox, wait 10 seconds or so, and then reconnect it. This has fixed it every time for me. I ended up rerouting the cable in the back side, so I can more easily access it if I need to "reset" it in the future.