Author Topic: PMM says I have "uninitialized DMS" (Audi w/ Symphony I).......  (Read 6218 times)

Offline AudiOx

PMM says I have "uninitialized DMS" (Audi w/ Symphony I).......
« on: September 06, 2010, 06:00:18 am »
History:
-I bought a used A8 recently and it had a PhatBox installed with a 20GB HD. The PMM disks were not included, but the cradle and instructions were. The Symphony I headunit has no reaction when the CD changer button is pressed. The PhatBox just blinks fast green, slow green, etc when the DMS is installed in the PB.

What I've done so far:
-(I'm running Vista)
-Plugged up the cradle and pulled off all the music (about 10GB worth), and reorganized the ID tags. It was a mess. I didn't have PMM at the time and just did it like a flash drive.
-The 2 drives are recognized looking at My Computer, but the DMS is not "initialized" when selected from the Device tab. The headunit field is unpopulated in the Tools tab.
-Downloaded/installed the PMM from this site
-Got the library loaded with no problems into the PMM.
-Run DMS Doctor: Detect-Pass, FAT32-Pass, Data Mount-FAIL, System Files-FAIL, Profile & Playlists-FAIL
-Downloaded the Audi firmware from this site onto the DMS PHTSYS drive.
-Set the PMM icon to be XP2 compatible and to run as administrator.
-Installed all the latest Vista updates
-Run DMS Doctor again: Detect-Pass, FAT32-Pass, Data Mount-Pass, System Files-FAIL, Profile & Playlist: FAIL

So that's better since the Data Mount passed, but I seem to be stuck now as it doesn't recognize the system files.

Any thoughts?
TIA

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: PMM says I have "uninitialized DMS" (Audi w/ Symphony I).......
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 06:36:53 am »
DMS Doctor is pretty stupid to be honest, and I wouldn't trust it to tell you anything ;)

When you say 'you downloaded the audi firmware from this site' could you tell me exactly what this means?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline AudiOx

Re: PMM says I have "uninitialized DMS" (Audi w/ Symphony I).......
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 04:49:44 pm »
I downloaded the Audi-Native version 7.02 from:  http://downloads.phathack.com/firmware/
Per that site it states: "To upgrade your firmware, download ALL files for your head unit brand, and unzip them into the PHTSYS partiton."

I did that.
Thus, all the files from all 4 of those zip files (Head Unit, Player, Daemon, & System) were extracted into the PHTSYS drive.

After doing that, the Data Mount check went from FAIL to PASS, but the System check still FAILED.