Author Topic: applied hack to my music keg, BUT........  (Read 6865 times)

Offline XxWickedz28xX

• A few posts under my belt.
applied hack to my music keg, BUT........
« on: October 25, 2010, 01:58:32 pm »
So in an effort to create my own 60gb DMS, I applied the hack to my working original 20gb DMS. I put it in the keg and after a few seconds I heard "Your box is unlocked"

I then put the 20gb DMS back into the cradle with Phathack loaded...where it did its thing. A box popped up saying I was now able to create my own DMS...great!!

My only problem now is that the 20gb DMS does not work anymore. When I load PMM, it just freezes. When I put it in the keg I hear this message..."Your playlists are corrupt, please fix with PMM".

With the DMS in the cradle, under "my computer" i have PHTSYS(D:), and PHTDTA (E:). I click under the PHTDTA and all my music is there. It just wont play in the keg or load with PMM.

Any advice?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: applied hack to my music keg, BUT........
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 06:20:02 am »
Hmmm, I don't know what could have happened there it sounds like somewhere along the lines the playlist generation failed - which I know has been known to happen in PMM but not in any of my code.

Your best bet, would be to remove all files from PHTDTA\ (just in the root folder) and remove the 'Profiles' directory and everything underneath.
If you are not concerned about the music on your DMS (Ie everything is on your PC) then you can simply re-format or delete everything in PHTDTA.

Fire up PMM again once you've done this, and it should treat the DMS as if it was a new one.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline XxWickedz28xX

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 02:44:48 am »
Well, I ended up using the "fix full dms" option on the DMS Hacktools.  :(

I spent the better part of today reloading my DMS with 16g of music with a USB1 cradle. :-[

Quick question, does the "DMS Backup" on PMM work? A few weeks ago I hit the backup button and it seemed like it did something. It even showed up as a restore point, but once I had my DMS back in working order this morning I hit the restore button it failed. PMM says it couldnt find the files to restore.

Is there a way I can backup the DMS, incase this ever happens again?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 06:04:13 am »
With the DMS tools, there is never a need for a backup.  All the backup does is keep a copy of your firmware files, and allow you to make a backup of the all important disk signature should you ever need it. 

I never got round to writing the restore procedure because it has never been needed with all the functionality available in the tools.

I thought the restore button had been removed, but I guess I left some code in somewhere that re-activates it.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)