Author Topic: Media Manager problem after re-hacking  (Read 6532 times)

Offline InterMurph

• A few posts under my belt.
Media Manager problem after re-hacking
« on: November 14, 2010, 01:29:46 am »
My original 20GB disk died, so I bought a 40GB on eBay, used DMS tools to set it up, and re-hacked my Volkswagen unit.

After a few weeks, I started to experience skips and stutters at the beginning of each song.  Then the unit just died; I got NO CD every time.

The DMS worked just fine in the cartridge, so I decided to re-hack.  I re-initialized the DMS with "Reflash box with firmware" enabled.  I inserted it in my Phatnoise, and it brought it back to life.

Now I'm trying to put the music back onto the DMS with Phatnoise Media Manager, just like I did a few weeks ago.  But every time I try now, it says, "Error retrieving DMS drive id.", then tells me that it will fail if there are any open files on the DMS, or it might be due to an anti-virus program.  There are no open files, and it happens even when I disable my anti-virus program.

I am using Windows 7, running PMM as Administrator.  I worked around all of the Windows 7 issues a few weeks ago when I got this 40GB disk to work.  Any ideas why it's not working now?

Thanks.

Offline InterMurph

• A few posts under my belt.
Re: Media Manager problem after re-hacking
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 04:20:56 am »
I just found the solution to my problem...by searching this forum!  The solution is here:   http://forum.phathack.com/index.php/topic,1581.0.html

In short, I had to edit the DeviceDMS.dll file.