Author Topic: Where to buy 26 Pin Mini-Centronix connector?  (Read 9254 times)

Offline hartene

Where to buy 26 Pin Mini-Centronix connector?
« on: May 03, 2005, 07:28:34 pm »
I am getting ready to install my PhatBox in my Passat and I want to build a 90deg adapter for the Centronix connector on the main box.  It is a 26pin Mini-Centronix connector, but I can't seem to find anyone who sells the.  Does anyone have source for these connectors?  Thanks

Eric

Offline xciton

Re: Where to buy 26 Pin Mini-Centronix connector?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 07:44:10 pm »
Yup, I'd like to know as well.  I've been searching DigiKey, but nothing pops up.

I found the 13 pin AUDI/VW DIN connector, that was easy.

# Xciton

Offline hartene

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 07:47:26 pm »
I left a voice-mail with Foxlink (the company that makes the jumper cables for Audi/VW) but have no info from them yet.  Phatnoise would only tell me that Foxlink made the cables for them, but kept telling me the connector was proprietary.  

Offline A543

• Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 11:37:59 pm »
Try digikey A3314-ND or A3315-ND.  They look like they might be a match going by my memory of the connector, I don't have it in front of me.  Let us know.

Offline xciton

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 12:00:56 am »
How silly.

If you go to the main page of THIS web site, you'll find a link for a 3M part.  Not sure yet if it's 90deg or not.

http://www.phathack.com

Not sure if it's available from anywhere else...

# Xciton

Offline xciton

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 01:27:00 am »
More details.

As shown on the top page, it's a

3M
Part#: 10126-3000VE
Desc: High Density D-Sub Connector, 26P Plug Shielded Solder Cup.

DigiKey Part number: 3M1703-ND
On page 38 of their current online catalog:

Warning.  I have not verified if this is correct for our application, I still need to review the other connectors to see if this is truely what I need.  I also need to confirm it's the right gender for our application.

FYI, It's not looking like that is the part if you want to decrease the space behind the unit.  There is no "proper" 90deg connector with shell.  What you might end up doing is getting one of the right angle thru-hole ones and solder the wires to the posts and then come up with some home-made shell to cover your work.

I'll post more after some more thought...

# Xciton

Offline coyleca

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 05:17:51 pm »
I just recently made a cable to mount a PB in my 05 Passat Sedan (behind the door).  To do it I got a 10226-0210EC and a 10126-6000EC from Digi-Key and connected them with a short piece of ribbon cable.  This effectively makes an extension cable that only protrudes about 1" from the back of the PB and allows the stock cable to plug in to the other end.

-Chris

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 04:51:08 am »
If you want to send me a HOWTO with pics or something, I can post it...  

I can throw up a wiki if people really want it, but I find that websites generally have more reliable info...