Author Topic: Can someone help with Phatbox cradle voltage and polarity?  (Read 7261 times)

Offline BigRizz

Can someone help with Phatbox cradle voltage and polarity?
« on: December 24, 2010, 01:30:59 am »
REPOSTED TO CORRECT THREAD...

Hi guys. This is a lame question but here goes. My wife and I moved house earlier in the year and all our power boards and power packs all got thrown into one box. I'm trying to figure out which one is for my phatbox cradle. Can someone that owns one please just tell me the voltage on their power pack and the polarity of the connection? From memory, I think it was a 9V supply. No idea about the polarity.

Thanks in advance.

BigRizz

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
Re: Can someone help with Phatbox cradle voltage and polarity?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 12:48:49 pm »
Can someone that owns one please just tell me the voltage on their power pack and the polarity of the connection? From memory, I think it was a 9V supply. No idea about the polarity.

12V 800mA center positive.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 04:10:11 pm »
If you are US based, I have two original Power Supplies here in the UK that are of no use to me. 
I'll be happy to send one over to you if you provide appropriate shipping details
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline suilobo

• PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 05:46:45 am »
Have I had the wrong adapter plugged into my cradle all this time? Mine says Input: 120VAC 60Hz 15W and Output:  7.5VDC 1A

I do have a problem where my original 20Gb DMS works fine (well, with the usual Windows 7 annoyances) but a 40Gb DMS I bought off eBay is very slow when in the same cradle (Windows detects it fine but it seems to be spin down every few minutes... it makes a "pew" sound which I assume is spin down). Could this be because of the power plug?

Offline suilobo

• PhatHacker
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 04:03:00 am »
So I found a 12V adapter, plugged it in and voila, my 40Gb DMS works now. The 20Gb worked with the 7.5V but the 40Gb needed the 12V adapter.