Author Topic: Music Keg display code E-99  (Read 5578 times)

Offline jbdbsb123

Music Keg display code E-99
« on: March 14, 2011, 05:57:02 pm »
Hello all.
 What is code E-99 for Kenwood Music Keg? I have a Keg that prompts "Eject" or "E-99". I did a reconfiguration, which ran normal (green light flashed normal, no not the real fast flashing, the normal flashing green!).
Jeff   

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: Music Keg display code E-99
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 09:38:48 pm »
I have never seen "E-99" but I have seen "Eject," which has typically meant that the connection between the head unit and Keg is lost.  It has happened to me most often when I have taken out the DMS and put it back.  Sometimes, the DMS does not seat properly, so make sure it is pushed in all the way.  It is occasionally necessary to disconnect the cable from the Keg and reconnect to get the head unit to recognize it again.  Lastly, you may have to reset the head unit.  Not sure which head unit you have, but there is usually a depressed reset button somewhere on the face of Kenwoods.  I hope this helps.   
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Music Keg display code E-99
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 07:16:57 am »
Code E-99 is an error commonly associated with a CD/Changer unit, and usually means the CD or casing is not being inserted/accepted in the normal fashion.  In Keg terms, this sounds like a cartridge not fully inserted, however if you're sure it is - it might be worth having a look inside at the internal cabling as it's quite common for something to come loose over time.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)