Author Topic: PhatNoise Not recognized (NO CD), VW  (Read 5401 times)

Offline Kerber

PhatNoise Not recognized (NO CD), VW
« on: May 10, 2011, 12:05:18 am »
First of all al the help is appreciated...

I head a PhatNoise for a while, had issue few times when it would stop working... I used to plug it in into Cradle and it would come back.. I changed eventually from Passat 1.8t to V6 and when i plugged it into new one it worked perfectly...Some 3 months later it totally stopped... I have used PhatHack 2.14, to repair the whole DMS and did the flash 7.02... Media manager recognizes and i can upload music, even though voice promts have an error, i assume because i am using Windows 7...

ISSUE:
1. In phathack it says no bootleg or something, which i dont understand.. Maybe this is the cause of no.2
2. When i plug the DMS into phatbox, red and green come on, red always stays on (Power i assume), after a little while green flashes once and stays on for 30 seconds then it flashes again just once (this happens 5 times in total) after which green starts flickering for some minute or longer and then both lights goes OFF and the whole thing repeats...

Anyone knows whats going on?

Thanks a lot

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: PhatNoise Not recognized (NO CD), VW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 02:51:15 pm »
The DMS tools 'boot check' function is flawed in v2.14 (and any current software available) due to my mis-understanding of how it should work.  However, checking the boot functions is definately the way forward.

Repeat the DMS Repair (Phtsys) only and when complete, rename the file 'currentproperties.xml' to 'bootload.log' (after taking a copy of it).  Note: don't rename the copy file, you must rename the original.

Pop the DMS in the car allow it to boot and reboot (both lights going out).  Then bring the DMS back to the cradle and post the contents of that file.

Hopefully this will give us a clue as to what's wrong.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)