Author Topic: Test Subject Needed: Windows Vista 7, USB 2 Cradle ....  (Read 7100 times)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Test Subject Needed: Windows Vista 7, USB 2 Cradle ....
« on: May 16, 2011, 02:26:37 pm »
I've just been rambling around on a work project, doing something completely un-related to PhatHack and stumbled across something I wasn't expecting - which might (very very slim outside chance) solve the issue of the USB cradle working on Win 7.

I'm looking for somone that DOES have Vista / Windows 7 that DOESN'T currently have the USB cradle recognised or working to try something out for me.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline chico

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
Re: Test Subject Needed: Windows Vista 7, USB 2 Cradle ....
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 12:41:58 pm »
By "doesn't have the USB cradle recognized" do you mean that the cradle isn't recognized at all or that a hacked drive doesn't show up properly when connected to the cradle? If you mean the former, I can't help you. If you mean the latter, I can.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit if that matters at all (and I suspect it doesn't).

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 01:00:55 pm »
Probably the latter in your case will be fine, that sounds a-typical of the drive not cradle drivers not being installed correctly.
I need a few days to put a few things together and then I'll get in touch....
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline chico

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 04:15:49 pm »
The original DMS cartridge is recognized as a DMS cartridge by Windows 7 (I think, it's been a while since I've used it), but the hacked DMS cartridge shows up as a USB mass storage device.