Author Topic: Will it work with the Volvo unit?  (Read 5047 times)

Offline zygote

Will it work with the Volvo unit?
« on: October 10, 2005, 11:17:46 pm »
Just as subject really.  I'm interested to know if anyone has hacked their Volvo Digital Jukebox successfully, or if any of you guys with more experience/knowledge would know of a reason why it might not/won't work.

TIA.  :)

Offline sawdustdood

Re: Will it work with the Volvo unit?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 02:06:48 pm »
I'm quite interested in the same.  Since Volvo OEM'd the phatbox, I'm concerned that the phatcrack will have some undesireable effect (if the firmware is at all altered from the generic box).  Is there an easy way to see if the Volvo firmware is different from the known crackable?

-T

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 08:58:09 pm »
As far as I know, and phatbox version 1.0 or 1.1 should work.  (the video enabled ones, like in GM's however I wouldn't know about)

So yeah it should work.  The bootloader flash update we do will NOT harm your box.. it checks to make sure your flash memory contains the code we expect prior to pushing out the changes so it wont break anything.

Offline S80_UK

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
  • Volvo S80 D5 with VW Phatbox
    • Volvo Phatbox Installation
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 08:33:37 am »
In case it helps, the patch is OK with Volvo firmware when installed on a VW box. (i.e. Volvo firmware installed first, then patch applied later).

Les.

Offline My_B5

• A few posts under my belt.
  • VW Passat 1.8T MTM
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 05:33:14 pm »
So, then I should be able to download the Sony firmware to my Audi Phatbox as well? Anything special to think about? Plz help...

Thx,
Staffan

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 09:16:06 pm »
So, then I should be able to download the Sony firmware to my Audi Phatbox as well? Anything special to think about? Plz help...

Thx,
Staffan

yea... do you have a cable to sony?  if not, where are you going to get one?

If you have answers to that, please let me know... I've been trying to get the Sony pinouts for a while