Author Topic: PMM Windows 7 64 issues  (Read 9749 times)

Offline bolopez

• Getting the hang of things.
PMM Windows 7 64 issues
« on: January 17, 2013, 12:52:20 pm »
I think I've read somewhere around here that someone is using Windows 7 64 with PMM 3.92. Whenever I try to use it I can never drag and drop files from the explorer window to the PMM one. Always get the "fobidden· cursor. I've read it has something to do with 32 and 64 bits apps.

Anyone had the same problem and solved it? By now I'm using Windows XP mode, but it's extremely slow compared to native Windows XP.

Regards.

Ps. Sorry for opening two topics one after the other, but as thy're note related I thought it would be cleaner...

Offline jdolan01

Re: PMM Windows 7 64 issues
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 04:44:24 am »
I am running PMM 3.92 natively on Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit on my HP desktop.  It is extremely fast and I can drag and drop mp3 files from Windows Explorer to PMM Media Library.  I'm having only two problems.  First is I can't create voice prompts, get error message "Can't assign stream format", so I disabled voice prompts in options (which makes sync really fast), and I use an old XP computer to run the Options / DMS Repair / Recreate Voice Prompts.  Second problem is during a Save and Eject, the eject sometimes hangs, but the separate PMM icon just for Eject works fine.

I also tried installing in Virtual PC / XP Mode, but I could not get it to recognize the DMS drive when connected to USB.

Offline bolopez

• Getting the hang of things.
Re: PMM Windows 7 64 issues
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 08:01:33 pm »
Curiously enough, I have no problems generating voice prompts in W7, but I can't drag&drop and I have no problem ejecting the drive. Both are strange beasts W7 and PMM :)