Author Topic: Phatnoise/Box not working VW Lupo GTI  (Read 11812 times)

Offline KentGTI

Phatnoise/Box not working VW Lupo GTI
« on: April 14, 2013, 12:05:26 pm »
It's been working fine for the last couple of years, I updated with music as I frequently do and always have got the error saying it wasn't ejected properly due to Norton/notepad etc.. However, this time my Headunit (VW MFD) is saying "No audio cd inserted"..

The Phatbox itself in the boot is going green then red when it's put in straight away. I've tried many times, I've wiped my DMS, used 'Disc Doctor' which gives an error saying it cannot find it in the J drive although it's allowing me to sync music to it, and it's saving the music when I view it again! Disc doctor gives 404 bad gateway so obviously a broken link.

I just don't know what to try next, it's driving me insane! Also, the box isn't hacked or anything I have the discs still etc.

Would appreciate any help, thankyou!
- Ross

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Phatnoise/Box not working VW Lupo GTI
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 08:57:56 am »
Quote from: KentGTI
...I've wiped my DMS ...

Exactly how did you wipe the DMS?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline KentGTI

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 07:58:22 pm »
It wasn't working before this, it was the last thing I did & when I say wipe literally just deleted the music from within the Phatnoise media manager not any of the files!

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 08:25:47 pm »
Try using the DMS tools to 'Repair PHTSYS', (no need to reflash the box, and use non-hacked firmware if your box is not hacked) add a single playlist and see where you are.   
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline KentGTI

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 11:01:09 pm »
When I use DMS Doctor to repair it finds an error on the 4th check and says cannot locate in J: etc but when I click fix it directs me to a link that's no longer there.. :(

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 06:35:07 am »
Please note, the DMS Tools is not the same thing as the DMS Doctor!

The DMS Tools is a set of tools devised by the community to fix most problems related to the DMS. 
So click on the link above, or browse here: http://forum.phathack.com/index.php/topic,5127.0.html

Offline KentGTI

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 01:16:18 pm »
Thanks for that, I've used DMS Tools and have been back and forth trying various things. I've done Hack Wizard, installed plugins and ran the full Repair DMS.. the firmware that was on it apparantly was 2.35?

After everything I loaded it into Phatnoise music manager where I had the 'Welcome Track' which I then had to sync & eject, thought that was it and put it into the car and I'm still getting NO AUDIO CD INSERTED..  :(

A light comes on the box so I'm pretty confused, I've never had problems with it before!

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 01:32:53 pm »
Can you rename the file 'properties.xml' to 'bootload.log', try the DMS in the car and after a minute bring the DMS back.

Open up the file 'bootload.log' (using notepad, or any other text editor) and paste the contents in here - let's see if the box is booting up