Author Topic: Problem with Phathack Media Manager  (Read 8996 times)

Offline Dippy

Problem with Phathack Media Manager
« on: April 19, 2013, 05:42:55 pm »
I'm starting to get to grips with the PMM, but I am having trouble with one feature - phonetics. When I enter anything in the phonetics field for either a playlist or an album and then save, when I open it again the field is blank. So although the phonetics work, I can't seem to make it permanent.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Problem with Phathack Media Manager
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 08:26:12 am »
Oh, not heard about this one!  Let me have a play around with that today and see if this is re-producable!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 08:28:30 am »
Yup, that re-produces!  I'll get on that now while I've got a spare 5 minutes!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 08:44:24 am »
....and that's fixed.  Ended up being two issues behind it:

1) The query retrieving the playlistname was wrong
2) The process populating the text box was using the wrong identifier for the 'skinnable textbox'.

As I've just about finished some rudimentary 'dynamic playlist' work, I need to add something in there I just noticed was missing and then I can put together a little update that you can try out.

Offline Dippy

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 03:22:08 pm »
Thanks a lot!

I have another issue but have no idea if it is due to Phathack MM itself or something else as I'm still getting used to it.
Once I have loaded up a DMS and have it in my Phatbox, I have found that in browse artist mode some artists will only play the first track. When I use the 'next track' button it simply restarts the same track. Other artists play fine, either cycling through a single album of tracks or multiple albums. I have only identified 2 such problem artists so far - for one I only have a single album of that artist and for the other I have several albums. I can see nothing unusual about either artist or the single track that is played. Any ideas?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 04:05:13 pm »
It's quite possible that it is PhatMM at fault, but to find out we'll have to do a lot of digging through verbose logs on the box side of things.

Offline Dippy

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 04:16:46 pm »
I have had debugging mode on since I started using PMM.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 03:28:26 pm »
I'm not talking about logs within PhatMM on this occasion, I'm talking about ones that we can get the PhatBox itself to generate!

You can use the DMS Tools to add verbose logging, and from there a log file will get generated.  I think it's logfile.txt, but it'll be the biggest file on PHTSYS but some way after using the box for a little while.
This log file should tell us what's happening at the time of you moving to the next artist.

Offline Dippy

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 04:17:53 pm »
OK, so I have attached the logfile. There is the raw file and one I edited to show only the relevant parts (I hope).

I went to browse artists and selected "The Monochrome Set". The box started playing "01 Inside Your Heart". This is the first track of the first album of which there are several for that artist. I then clicked next track a few times, but instead of selecting track 02, it repeated 01. I the let it play through to the end. Instead of playing 02, it then went to the next artist "The Noisettes". So the bug seems to be that it thinks there is only a single track for the artist "The Monochrome Set".

Next I browsed back to the other artist for which I have noticed the problem "The Dukes of Stratosphear". I only have a single album for this artist. It started to play the first track "01 25 O'Clock". Again I tried to change track a few times but it just restarted track 01. So next I changed to browse albums, but did not change it. Track 01 started, and then I changed track to "02 Bike Ride to the Moon" and then to "03 My Love Explodes". So it advances track in album play mode, but not artist mode. To prove this I then went back to browse artist and tried to change track 01 to 02, but again it failed.

I then browsed back to "The Monochrome Set" and switched to album mode ("Black And White Minstrels"). Now I could advance track 01 to "02 White Noise", "03 We Are Zarbie", "04 I Dont Know" and "05 FleshTrashHeat"

I didn't do any track advance for other artists, but the ones I have tried do work properly in both artist and album modes.

Thanks in advance.