Author Topic: Phatnoise stop working  (Read 6674 times)

Offline Druss

Phatnoise stop working
« on: June 18, 2013, 06:27:39 am »
Hello,
in the first place I want to say Hi to all of you. I'm from Poland soo please be patient to My :)

Now lets back to the My problem. I bought a Audi A8 D2 with phatnoise. It's work for today lets say perfect. Today when I start the car the phatnoise doesn't start up. On the screen of Navigation plus i have "no CD".
I'll unplug dms for a second and plug in, there wasnt any affect.

What is wrong with my phatnoise?
Can you help me with my problem?

Best Regards,
Druss.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 08:55:15 am by Druss »

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Phatnose stop working
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 08:00:39 am »
The most likely cause, if you've done nothing to it, is a corruption on the system partition (PHTSYS).

I would start by doing a simple 'Repair DMS (PHTSYS)' using the DMS tools.

Do you know if the Phatbox has been hacked?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Druss

Re: Phatnose stop working
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 08:54:37 am »
Hi and thx for answer.

Do you know if the Phatbox has been hacked?
Probably not.

Ok, when I'm going to be at home I'll do a Repair DMS".

Offline Druss

Re: Phatnoise stop working
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 10:54:02 pm »
Hi again.

So My problem with not working DMS in car was solved. I pulled it out from the car for a minute and put it on and sit's start working.

But now I want to upload a new song and the DMS doesn't connect with the computer. On the cradle USB lights only a red diode and the green flash for a 2-3 second and thats all. The connection with the computer stops at 25% or 33% and stops.
The media manager can't connect with DMS - whats wrong now ????

Regards,
Druss.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 06:55:05 am »
Unfortunately, I don't know.  It could be a problem with the PhatNoise database (SQLite 2.x).
I believe it's a file with the extension .pndb

Being biased, I could tell you to use PhatHack Media Manager (http://phathackmm.com) instead, as that will probably not have any issues reading the disk/files ;)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Druss

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 07:02:58 pm »
Hi,
Sorry for not replying but I was busy.

DMS still not working, only the red diode lights but the green lights on 2-3 sec just like I wrote in the last post.

Now I'm trying to singup in your link but I'm still waiting for a Activation email.

Do you think this application from your link solved this problem or let add/remove music?

Best Regards,
Druss.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 02:53:07 pm »
Another thought, as I have seen this before - it could be your power supply.  You could try replacing it with a new generic one (12v @ 900mA minimum).

Did you get the confirmation e-mail through or not?  If not, let me know the username and I'll activate it manually for you.