Author Topic: Just saying Hello  (Read 9883 times)

Offline ScottB5

Just saying Hello
« on: September 18, 2013, 06:55:37 am »
Thought it be polite to say hello.

Looking through ebay and found a new boxed phatbox for sale and in my impatient way I bought it with out doing that much research.
So while I'm waiting for delivery I thought I'd do some reading and make sure I've not bought something stupid.
With that I've read from this forum and other sites it seems like a cracking bit of kit, even though its a bit bigger than my Xcarlink & iPod set up I do prefer this the more I read about it.

The only down side which I should have noticed is its for VW.
Reading this forum it seems like I can get away with a new cable and changing the firmware. Hopefully it should all be plug and play then.
I'm a little paranoid about it working with my RNS-d cause I can't find much information on it. There appears to be more info on the RNS-e than the -d but I'll see what happens when I get it and plug it in.

I only found out late last night that the phatbox talks to you. I never knew that.
Is this standard out of the box or something that I got to add to it?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Just saying Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 06:16:48 am »
Welcome to the party!

The Phatbox TTS (Text-to-speech) is standard as far as I know, only the Kenwood boxes had extra functionality around this area.
And sorry, can't help around VW headunits ... but hopefully things should go smoothly!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline ScottB5

Re: Just saying Hello
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 07:57:43 pm »
Picked the unit up today and fitted it.
all went well and it worked with out any messing about.

Put some tunes on it and it all works well.

It was sold as a VW unit but it was supplied with the correct changer lead for a Audi.

Well happy.

Looking at phatvoice now.

Thanks for the software.