Author Topic: Playlist signing on a hacked DMS.  (Read 7983 times)

Offline rfkrocktk

Playlist signing on a hacked DMS.
« on: December 11, 2013, 09:36:01 pm »
I'm working on a Python library for Linux which will automatically synchronize my music library with my DMS. I'm really sick and tired of using Windows tools for this, and everything that PhatNoise Media Manager does, I can do in Python and I can do more efficiently, without having to boot a virtual Windows instance.

There seems to be a few steps required to update things on the DMS, which seems like this:

• Synchronize actual music files to PHTDTA
  • Generate M3U playlists referencing file locations on the DMS (ie /dos/data/...)
  • Generate indexes for tracks.db in tracks.idx
  • Generate indexes in various modes in tracks.dat
  • Generate indexes for playlists corresponding to item location in playlist M3U file in tracks.db
  • Generate an index of for each track in each artist, album, and genre
  • Generate number of tracks for each artist, album, genre
  • Generate a database for the alphabetical characters in each artist, album, genre.
  • Sign playlists :(

The only hitch I've run into so far is playlist signing. There seems to have existed a tool called "plsign" which generated signatures for playlists. I'm not sure, but does a hacked PhatBox still require playlist signatures? Any tips and advice along these lines would be most helpful.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Playlist signing on a hacked DMS.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 09:23:17 am »
Yes, signing is still important.  I believe sbingner DID provide me once with an update that allowed singing to be bypassed, but I can't remember what was involved or if it ever made the DMS Tools.

When he's a little more active (He just had a little 'un so has been diverted of late) I'll see if we can refresh our memories on this.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 09:28:06 am »
Uhm, then thinking about it a bit more - I obviously have the code to do the signing in PhatHack MM!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline rfkrocktk

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 07:12:48 pm »
Do you have an implementation of it that's open source that works?

By the way, how can I get a copy of PhatHack MM? The official site looks like it encountered a bear.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 07:19:07 pm »
The official site did encounter a bear, I tried re-building it using Alpha software and ultimately paid the price!  Then I broke my leg and it's gone to the back of my mind for a while!

Despite PhatMM site being broken visually, you can still grab the software once registered.  The home page has the relevant links!

I'll extract the relevant source for you next week and PM you with it

Offline rfkrocktk

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 09:41:17 pm »
Thanks, that would be incredibly helpful!

With all of this in mind, I'm really considering building a PhatNoise-esqe system using a Raspberry Pi. Just gotta figure out how to receive commands and play audio using the CD changer data cable :)

Offline rfkrocktk

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 09:42:02 pm »
Actually, the signup page is blank: http://phathackmm.com/signup.php