Author Topic: Bluetooth enabled Phatbox (Sony version) compatible headunit  (Read 9734 times)

Offline PaulS-DOA-85

Bluetooth enabled Phatbox (Sony version) compatible headunit
« on: January 12, 2014, 10:18:39 pm »
The title says it (almost) all. I've just purchased a Phatbox (Sony version) with 40GB DMS. I would like to hook this up to a bluetooth enable head unit, this so I can make hands free calls through the head unit as well. The only bluetooth enabled Sony head unit with connection (unilink) for a CD changer I've been able to find is the MEX-BT5700U.
Just wondering if anyone knows if this unit is still compatible with the Phatbox, or if they know of any other bluetooth enabled head units that work with the Sony edition Phatbox.
Thanks for the help.

Offline PaulS-DOA-85

Re: Bluetooth enabled Phatbox (Sony version) compatible headunit
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 04:23:49 pm »
With some much appreciated help from VorTechS, I've established that a v7.0 Sony firmware Phatbox works with the MEX-BT5700U head unit :D!

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Bluetooth enabled Phatbox (Sony version) compatible headunit
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:46:31 am »
It's unfortunate that the box itself seems to be dead, hopefully you'll be able to identify if it's the IDE adapter board or not, or get a replacement unit that is working!
But it's good to know there's yet another 'newer' unit available for people to use!

Once you have things sorted, let me know and if we need to hack the box, you are more than welcome to pop up again to do it!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)