Author Topic: Problems creating new DMS  (Read 11432 times)

Offline beckfield

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
Problems creating new DMS
« on: August 11, 2014, 03:14:07 am »
I am trying to re-create my 120GB DMS, and I'm having trouble getting the DMS Tools 2.15 to work.

My computer is a linux Mint system, and I'm running Windows 2000 in a Virtualbox VM.  I have Phatnoise Music Manager (not Media Manager) 2.30 installed, and it works very well when managing my stock 10GB DMS, so I know communication with the USB cradle isn't the problem.

When I run DMS Tools 2.15 with a blank 120GB DMS in the cradle, it immediately reports no DMS found (no surprise there).  When  I switch over to DMS Tools Mode, it again reports "No DMS found," and then an unhandled exception error occurs.  The "Create New DMS" button is disabled.  I have attached the error details in a text file.

I have attempted this with the 120GB drive unpartitioned, with a single FAT32 partition with no label, then labeled "PHTSYS," then with 2 partitions labeled PHTSYS and PHTDTA.  All with the same result.

I did this once before, but it was several years ago, before the DMS Tools was created, and on a computer running Win98, which isn't around anymore.  I can't find the instructions I followed to do it at that time.

I'm not sure if I need to do something to prep the drive, or if the DMS Tools are having a problem because it's a VM, or what.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline dsmdave95

Re: Problems creating new DMS
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 09:21:17 pm »
Did you ever find a resolution to this? I cannot get my new drive to be recognized either.

Offline beckfield

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 03:39:11 am »
I never got a reply, and I have since sold the vehicle that supported the Phatbox, so it's no longer an issue.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 07:42:43 am »
Sorry, I never saw your original message otherwise I'd have replied to it.

@dsmdave: are you getting an error, or just not having your DMS recognised?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)