Author Topic: Should've Hacked my PhatBox Years Ago... *facepalm*  (Read 6990 times)

Offline VWAffe

Should've Hacked my PhatBox Years Ago... *facepalm*
« on: March 07, 2015, 09:02:07 pm »
Ugh. So I've had a PhatBox in my various VWs for the last ten or twelve years and knew about the hacks long ago, but never took the time to do the job on mine. Bad decision, because a few months ago a spare quart of oil leaked and dripped onto the exposed end of my only (and original) DMS. The oil worked itself into the HDD, which now seems to be dead. The phatbox itself didn't get oil in the works, but without having hacked it already, it's going to be *fun* trying to resurrect this dinosaur.

Am starting this thread for anyone who wants to follow along...

Offline ColbyJohn

Re: Should've Hacked my PhatBox Years Ago... *facepalm*
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 07:14:22 pm »
I'm interested in seeing how your turns out. I am in the same boat - Have had a phatbox system in the VW Jetta for years and finally jump on board to upgrading by 20 gb DMS to a 160 drive.

I am have troubles though with the DMS cradle recognizing the new 160 drive though. I am able to run the DMS Hack Tools when the 160 drive is connected through the USB adapter. Then when I put it into the cartridge cradle it isn't recognized at all by the VW or Windows 7.

I'll be hanging around to see how it goes with you . . .