Author Topic: Help - "No Magazine" message - phatd.sig invalid?  (Read 10161 times)

Offline ColbyJohn

Help - "No Magazine" message - phatd.sig invalid?
« on: March 18, 2015, 08:51:10 pm »
In the process of running the hack on my VW phatbox (my firmware stated: Volkswagen/Audi - there was no version attached to it?) I must of done something terribly wrong.

- I ran the loaded hack from my original 20gb DMS onto the system. I received the voice confirmation.
- I loaded DMS back into cradle and DMS tools threw me errors on the computer i was using and shut down.
- I re-ran DMS hack wizard from a different computer on the same 20GB DMS and again received confirmation message that hack was successful. Loaded DMS back into cradle and received success message.
- I updated 20GB DMS with updated 7.02 firmware and then swapped drive for 160gb and created new DMS with updated 7.02 firmware.
- Put 160gb DMS in car and received "No Magazine" message.
- Swapped 106gb for 20gb and put 20GB 7.02 firmware into car. Again, "No Magazine" message.

The bootload.log reads:

Read drive model and serial: : OK
Read drive signature: : OK
Verify drive signature: : Successful
: : Successful (Possible cause: )
Validate phatd: : Successful (Possible cause: phatd.sig not present, or not valid for phatd)
   Required file present: YES
   Required sig present: YES

I've tried repairing the PHTSYS Drive of the 20GB DMS and then reflash w/ VW fw 6.0 non-hacked with the same "No Magazine" error.

Not sure what to do next... help?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Help - "No Magazine" message - phatd.sig invalid?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 08:25:20 am »
This message just came up as part of a general search for something else, so apologies that I didn't notice it before.  Did you get yourself up and running?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)