Author Topic: Hacked Head Unit, New Hard Drive  (Read 11613 times)

Offline BioBob

• A few posts under my belt.
Hacked Head Unit, New Hard Drive
« on: February 19, 2016, 03:16:42 am »
The old hard drive that I used died.  It was hacked and worked fine, hardware failure I suspect.

Either way, I got a replacement 80 gig hard drive that I suspect will work.  The box in my car is hacked so it will allow unsigned drives.  Thats what I was using before the old unsigned drive went kaput.  What all do I need to do in order to create a NEW Music Keg out of this replacement drive that I got?

All the files from both the PHTSYS and PHTDTA partitions are backed up so no worries there.  However, being an 80 gig, I cant use Windows 7 to format in FAT32 for PHTDTA, so I need something that can handle that.  I also recall something specific about the sector sizes?

Offline bolopez

• Getting the hang of things.
Re: Hacked Head Unit, New Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 09:19:57 pm »
Just use VorTechS DMS tools. There you have an option to create a new DMS. It couldn't be easier...

Regards.

Offline BioBob

• A few posts under my belt.
Re: Hacked Head Unit, New Hard Drive
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 02:25:55 am »
Just use VorTechS DMS tools. There you have an option to create a new DMS. It couldn't be easier...

Regards.

I fingered it out, and not quite that easy. 

Drive needed to have two partitions created and labeled for VTs DMS Tools to recognize it.  But after DMS Tools recognized the partitions, I had to use the tools to fix the DMS to do the stuff outside the partitions it needed to do.