Author Topic: Please can someone help me  (Read 6820 times)

Offline topgearuk

• PhatHacker
Please can someone help me
« on: June 14, 2006, 07:41:19 pm »
I have been reading most of the post's for the last week or so while waiting for my new 80gb HD to arrive.

I currently got a kenwood 10gb Keg KHD-C710

The HD arrived today so I followed the instructions on how to hack the new drive, After I had copied the files onto the old keg I took this and placed it in my car it started reading and trying to play the fist playlist, it would try and play this list then it would come up eject on the head unit it did this a few times and a high pitch sound came out the speakers (sounded a bit like a fax machine down a telephone line but only playing for about 1 second).

Took the drive out swooped over to the new one continued with the flash then tried it in the Keg but now this is not being recognised.

So tried from the beginning all over again, but now the 10gb hd when put in the keg seems to be constantly re-flashing as the red lights on and green light flickering on/off for about 5 Min's then seems to reset and start again for another 5 Min's.

Please can anyone help me out here, I'm sure I followed everything correctly the only thing I didn't do was to format the brand new drive as I thought the hack done this. And now neither drive is working  :-[

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Please can someone help me
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 02:36:34 am »
did the 10 gig drive ever work?

does the DMS doctor say the 10 gig drive is fine?

Offline topgearuk

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 07:58:35 am »
Thank you for your reply

Yes the 10 gig was working fine just before I tried the hack.

DMS Doctor says: checking for system files -- fail MD5 checksum failed E:\ aadec.sig

All other's was a success

Also tried from your hack disk going into ALT 3 and selecting option 1 Repair (FSCK) with bad block check.

Still the same result, constantly flashing green light for 5 mins, resetting and starting again.

Offline Kat_Daddy

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 02:27:51 pm »
Did u run the patch progarm then put the OLD DMS back into the car. If so the lights should flash cuzz its applying the hack. After the lights stop, put the new DMS in and you should have two working DMS's. If during the process u completely fukked up both drives u can borrow a working one and use it to get them back up. Where are u located, maybe member  is nearby. I have  a kenwood also. If worse comes to worse send me ur box and DMS ill get'em up for u.

Offline topgearuk

• PhatHacker
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 09:46:59 pm »
Did u run the patch progarm then put the OLD DMS back into the car. If so the lights should flash cuzz its applying the hack. After the lights stop, put the new DMS in and you should have two working DMS's. If during the process u completely fukked up both drives u can borrow a working one and use it to get them back up. Where are u located, maybe member  is nearby. I have  a kenwood also. If worse comes to worse send me ur box and DMS ill get'em up for u.

Yes I did put old one back in car and waited, but never got the message saying that it was working, after 5 mins pulled out old drive and finished updating new one and tried that, but it does look like i've messed up both drive's.

I'm hoping to get my original one working again so I can try again.

I live in London UK, if anybody is near me so I can try there's I don't mind travelling if anyone can help out.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 12:19:27 pm »
On the original DMS, check to see if there is a bootload.log file in phtsys partition and post the contents of that after having the box boot fail again.

I'd bet the patch is partly complete and needs to have the ramdisk.sig corrupted but the bootload.log can help us figure that out.

Offline topgearuk

• PhatHacker
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 12:35:08 pm »
Here's the bootload.log

BOOT0-0: OK
BOOT0-1: OK
BOOT0: Successful
BOOT9: Successful
BOOTB: Successful
BOOTF: Successful
BOOT*-X: Failed

I appreciate your time in helping me out here, Thank you.                

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 03:28:10 pm »
yeah the ramdisk.sig needs to be corrupted.  rename ramdisk.sig to ramdisk.bak, then make a copy of phatd.sig and rename it ramdisk.sig (so you have phatd.sig still, don't mess that one up, just the one for ramdisk.sig) and try booting it ... the patch frequently craps out at a point where you have to have a BAD ramdisk.sig to move forward with the patch process after a reboot of the phatbox.

That should fix your issue.. just let the drive patch one more time and then you can put the files back the way they were AND your new DMS should work.

Offline topgearuk

• PhatHacker
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 05:28:02 pm »
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You  :)

This worked perfectly, the original 10gb and also now the 80gb

I had to re-flash the firmware on the new 80gb drive to get it to work, But all seems fine just loading up my playlist's.

Really thought i'd messed things up, so really appreciate your time to help me out.

I read somewhere about a donation to your site can you point me in the right direction?

David