Author Topic: Phatnoise Music Manager up and running on Windows 7  (Read 14835 times)

Offline Lucky H

Phatnoise Music Manager up and running on Windows 7
« on: June 01, 2015, 04:20:42 pm »
Hello all. This is my first post here and I must say there are STILL a lot of people that have a Phatnoise system in there car.

I bought my Audi A3 in 2005 (2006 version) and while I was researching it I found out about the Bose speakers. I love bose, but thats another story. While working on the music part of the car, I had only 1 wish.... No CD's laying around in the car!!! So a cd player with multiple cd's was out of the question.

Then I came up on the Phatnoise sytem and was sold! A 20Gb HDD in the back of the car, what more a guy needs!! (30Gb?)

Anyway..... It is 2015 and XP is no more (untill 2019 you still can run XP on your computers, need a hack but then your ok!). I read this forum and was searching for an answer on how to run the Phatnoise Music Manager on a Vista system, it works but not a 100%. Then Vista is gone and long life Windows 7 or 8 (maybe 10?). But the program doesn't work anymore (no properly).....

I kept searching on the internet and my though was something in an Virtual PC mode/ kind a....

I found it!!!

Oracle VM VirtualBox is the key......

Here are some links I used:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2139983/compatibility-with-security-how-to-run-windows-xp-in-a-virtual-machine.html
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Offline mdp

• A few posts under my belt.
Re: Phatnoise Music Manager up and running on Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 08:37:55 pm »
Hi there,

I got the original installation discs of version 1.87 and version 2.35

First installed the 1.87 version on a windows 7 ultra book.
Then validated the installation with the serial number of the Phatbox.
After that upgraded with the 2.35 version.

So pmm can be installed on windows 7 whiteout fuzz. I use a idee to usb 3.0 adaptor to load music (take out the hdd and at this moment 250 gb ssd in msata to idee adaptor, of the dms cartridge)

Once I lost validation on my old (main) Xp system, I found a way in this forum somewhere to re-validate again.

Yours mdp
Phatbox 160 gb used in Audi, now running on Samsung 850 evo mSata 250 gb ssd in idee to mSata converter