Author Topic: Solid state drive  (Read 25737 times)

Offline mdp

• A few posts under my belt.
Re: Solid state drive
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 04:59:52 pm »
So I got response by pm.
First start to "hard reset" your Phatbox by disconnecting 12 V or just take out the fuse of the head unit to see what that brings you.
Phatbox 160 gb used in Audi, now running on Samsung 850 evo mSata 250 gb ssd in idee to mSata converter

Offline bolopez

• Getting the hang of things.
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2015, 06:34:38 am »
Ok, I'll try it. Yesterday's database rebuild didn't work :(

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2015, 08:20:48 am »
So I got response by pm.
First start to "hard reset" your Phatbox by disconnecting 12 V or just take out the fuse of the head unit to see what that brings you.

With a Keg, sometimes it's best to Factory Reset the Head Unit.  Most Kenwood units of the time have the ability without needing to fuse pull.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline bolopez

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2015, 05:01:05 pm »
It didn't work. Filling DMS again...

Offline bolopez

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 07:44:41 am »
Got a new DMS, swapped drives (another Samsung 160 GB) and put 9,970 songs in it. No problem. In the old one another 4.500 songs without any problem either.

Maybe I'll try to put more than 10K songs in a few days, but I'm tired of listening to the radio by now :).

Offline mdp

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2015, 08:17:51 pm »
Hi there,

Got a bit distracted, I bought a AK 120 II , 128gb internal and microSD 200gb to fill. This player plays everything. Sound is astonishing!
So my next plan is:
First switch Phatbox on playing first track on first disc on the dms.
Switch off the head unit before taking out the hdd.
Fill new tracks only on the end on new discs on the dms, no adding in between.

So that the Phatbox can start on the track where it stopped before filling.
I start again this weekend.

Grtz mdp
Phatbox 160 gb used in Audi, now running on Samsung 850 evo mSata 250 gb ssd in idee to mSata converter

Offline bolopez

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2015, 06:35:15 am »
If it works it could be a solution, but I'm afraid that whenever PhatBox finds a changed database it treats the DMS as a new one, reloading everything again.

I'm busy right now with work and some other projects (building a print server with an android TV box is the first one :) ) but now I have two cartridges (and about 7 IDE HDDs) maybe I'll try something else.

And I'm waiting for VorTechS' PHMM new release...

Reagrds

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2015, 10:56:08 am »

And I'm waiting for VorTechS' PHMM new release...

I have some updates to do for my car's MP3 player, so I'm going to use that as a benchmark test for whether or not this is stable enough to release to you!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline bolopez

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2015, 12:09:58 pm »
I'm sure ordinary people never thinks about updating their car audio player :).

Me myself I'm trying to find the USB connection in my home oven to change the integrated recipes. I'm sure there must be an USB connector somewhere. And no, it's not a joke  :P

Don't worry, we're not in a hurry right now...

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2015, 12:21:59 pm »
I'm sure ordinary people never thinks about updating their car audio player :).

Me myself I'm trying to find the USB connection in my home oven to change the integrated recipes. I'm sure there must be an USB connector somewhere. And no, it's not a joke  :P

Don't worry, we're not in a hurry right now...

Oh I don't know, most people probably just blindly copy things to a USB stick and plug it in.  I use PhatMM to organise mine, and insert Voice Prompts.  When I'm a bit happier, I might update the website to capture people who have cars like me which support USB audio.  (Peugeot 308)

The 206, the monitor is broken on that and I need to source a new one so I haven't updated that in a while!  But I'll get back to the CarPC soon!

I actually just found a bug transcoding a radio show from M4a to MP3 but once I've confirmed that's fixed (it's a 4 hours show, so is taking a few minutes to transcode) I think we have a release candidate.

I just want to address one more issue besides.  Creating a blank DB takes ages for a new device, so I want to use a file copy operation using a blank database instead.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2015, 03:33:40 pm »
Okay.  Well.  You asked for it.

PhatHack Media Manager Version 1.1.4 Alpha

This is a full installer, as opposed to being released through the usual upgrade channels.  Only because last time I tried that route (a few years ago) things got very broken, very quickly.

There's a couple of non-narrated videos here that might be of use: PhatHack Media Manager Channel

Let's see how you get on with it!

Change list since the release version:

- Added 'Random order' button in playlist editor to allow tracks to be re-ordered randomly
- Added 'Dynamic Playlist' editor allowing simple definition of playlists generated by track tag matching
- Added Watch Folder authentication support to use integrated authentication when a network folder cannot be reached
- Added Playlist 'Voice' support to allow TTS voice to be altered for each playlist
- Added 'Generate Playlist Voice Prompts' option for media devices that have 'Generate Voice Prompts' enabled

- Fixed 'Auto update' not correctly identifying updateable files / overwriting newer file by version
- Fixed Skinner 'Child Control' creation so that they display correctly on skin display
- Fixed iTunes integration issues
- Fixed Arithmetic Overflow Issue Transcoding files greater than 2147483647 bytes
- Fixed new device database taking ages to get created.  Now copies a blank database file to the appropriate location
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:35:20 pm by VorTechS »

Offline bolopez

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2015, 09:43:27 pm »
I'm sorry, Stuart. I hadn't seen this message till today, and I promise that I check for new messages here everyday. Tomorrow I'll try this new release and get back with the results.

Thank you very much for this. Best regards.

Ps. My wife has a Chevrolet Aveo which supports playing MP3 from USB, but I don't think it supports voice prompts...

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2015, 08:26:42 am »
I'm sorry, Stuart. I hadn't seen this message till today, and I promise that I check for new messages here everyday. Tomorrow I'll try this new release and get back with the results.

Thank you very much for this. Best regards.

Ps. My wife has a Chevrolet Aveo which supports playing MP3 from USB, but I don't think it supports voice prompts...

No worries.  My Peugeot 308 is the same, and I've been using PhatHackMM to simulate it  (It can insert a voice prompt as the first track within a folder on the USB stick).
Unfortunately the Pug won't play the Transcoded MP3, and I think it's because that ends up being about a 7kbps VBR file.  (Although I haven't done a proper analysis of that yet!)

When I get a few minutes, I'm going to add a couple of options to see if I can get round this Pug limitation.