Author Topic: Create New DMS button is not avalaible  (Read 16399 times)

Offline doppiogioko

Create New DMS button is not avalaible
« on: June 23, 2016, 08:25:04 pm »
Hello.
A few months ago I patched my Kenwood KHD - C710 successfully, using the software Phat Hack tools.
Immediately after, the original DMS has stopped working, so I created two new DMS, one with 40 and one with 80 gb HDD, without any problem.
A few days ago the DMS of 40gb started to cause somes problems.
I decided to create a new DMS as 80GB but this time there have been problems.
The "Create new DMS" button is disabled.
I tried to format the HDD, creating 1 partition, 2 partitions, putting the labels, but does not work the same.
I noticed that the other DMS I had created earlier (80 gb) is also slow to be recognized by the computer.
I uninstalled all programs and then I re-installed, but problems persist.
The "Create New DMS" button continues to be unavailable.
I do not know what to feel.
Do you have any idea ?
I got the impression that to cause problems on the DMS that has started giving problems, was the PhatNoise Music Manager 2.30. It's possible?
In fact, if I create 2 partitions and I label them PHTSYS and PHTDTA, and if I copy the contents of the original folder (which I had saved in my computer), DMS is recognized. After the first save with PhatNoise Music Manager 2.30 the DMS is not recognized, and becomes very slow.
Moreover, even Partition Magic, specific software for HDD, start to consider the DMS damaged.
Have you had similar experiences ?

Offline bolopez

• Getting the hang of things.
Re: Create New DMS button is not avalaible
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 06:20:49 pm »
My DMS died and I tried to create it again, bit I have the same results as you. I'm afraid that there should be a web site supporting the download of the firmware but it does no longer exist.

I don't know if VortechS (the creator of DMS tools) is still reading these forums sometime. If you are over there, please could you tell us how to make this work or, at least, how to enable debug to know what's happening.

I have the Volvo firmware downloaded, and it seems to be in the right place, but I don't know if that's enough to make the tools work...

Regards.

Offline bolopez

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 08:21:32 am »
Maybe I'm getting somewhere. It seems that DMS Tools is trying to download "am.xml", which is the file that points to firmware files, and it's not finding it. This evening when I get home I'll try to make some tricks with my router/firewall and I'll get back if I can make it work.

Regards.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 08:32:07 am »
Hi all,

It's not very often I pop by these days.... so sorry there's not been a reply.  I don't have the source code for the DMS tools with me - but I'll take a look when I get home tonight to see where the blocking point is.
The chances are it's failing to grab the firmware list from the web and therefore can't establish what needs to be downloaded in order to create the fresh DMS.

Stu...
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 08:50:08 am »
A quick 'fiddle', and it's definitely due to the tools not being able to load the am.xml file from the PhatHack website URLs (neither of which are managed by me unfortunately).

I've pinged the owner and hopefully normal service will be resumed soon!  I will however look to add a 3rd domain into the DMS tools that's under my control just in case it's something that happens again!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 09:01:57 am »
Folks as quick as that, a big thank you goes out to the site owner who has resolved the problem with the URLs not loading!
Normal service with the DMS tools is resumed!

Offline bolopez

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 06:59:39 pm »
Thank you both, VorTechS and the site owner. Everything is working as it should. Re-creating my DMS now.

Again, thanks and regards.

Angel

Offline mdp

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 02:06:09 pm »
hi everybody,

mdp is online again; Tryed to get my 250gb ssd working again.
Project stopped with unreadable disc error in the phatbox. Popped in an old hdd 160gb and running music again.

Now I wanted to try and create a new dms on the ssd, with reflash firmware checked.

Fill it in one run with music on the pc. Then put it in the Phatbox.

Now (I am working from Europa) I encounter the same problems as descripted above. Is there a new problem or am I missing something?
Further I can't figure out why the dms fails after staching music in a few runs, could be kind of index problem. I even put the Phatbox out of 12v dc to create a "hard" reset.

Help me!!

Yours mdp
Phatbox 160 gb used in Audi, now running on Samsung 850 evo mSata 250 gb ssd in idee to mSata converter

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 08:30:07 am »
Hi, not sure what's happened but I've pinged the appropriate person and hopefully the files will be back online soon!

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 08:49:44 am »
Not seeing a problem this time; VorTechS come talk on IRC?

It has a permanent redirect to SSL, automagically added by the letsencrypt scripts... but I thought that should be OK, unless the library completely doesn't support SSL?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 08:52:01 am by sbingner »

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 09:03:32 am »
Can you try again and let us know if you are still having problems. 

As long as there is a list of firmware under 'Select DMS Firmware' and you have selected a drive in the 'Select the destination device' the buttons in the lower toolbar will become enabled.  If not, then something else is going on...!

Offline mdp

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 09:54:40 pm »
Hi Guy's

I Will try a new attempt the weekend to see if it works again. Someone any ideas why I got stuck up with failing dms in the car while it looks ok on the computer.
I got 250 gb ssd running in a msata to idee adaptor. But each time ended with disk error in the phatbox after filling it with music.
See post with Bolopez august 2015

Grtz mdp
Phatbox 160 gb used in Audi, now running on Samsung 850 evo mSata 250 gb ssd in idee to mSata converter

Offline mdp

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2016, 05:55:29 pm »
So I think I read some problem in full format option of creating a new disc.

How about this: normally I use a small cluster size ( 512 Kb) fat 32. Is it possible the operating system of the phatbox is limited and fails on full large hdd witch is formatted with a small cluster size.

Quick format option doesn't change original format.

Could explain a lot. Any advise on this subject? What settings did the 320 gb hdd guys use?

Mdp

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2016, 09:01:34 am »
So I think I read some problem in full format option of creating a new disc.

How about this: normally I use a small cluster size ( 512 Kb) fat 32. Is it possible the operating system of the phatbox is limited and fails on full large hdd witch is formatted with a small cluster size.

Quick format option doesn't change original format.

Could explain a lot. Any advise on this subject? What settings did the 320 gb hdd guys use?

Mdp

I never got to anything bigger than a 250GB.  If you want me to make some alterations to the software to try different things, let me know!  I'm quite happy to help with experimentation!

Offline mdp

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2016, 10:47:25 am »
Great,

Can you tell me if you succeeded to fully fill your 250gb dms and got it running in your phatbox?

Limitation of the phatbox are 30.000 tracks in max 9999 disc numbers.

My 250gb samsung ssd was formatted fat32 cluster size 1024kb
I got it filled 12.000 tracks Flac, to provoke disk error. (Bit over half full) dms was fine on the computer.

Probably limitation of the phatbox firmware causes this problem; dms preforms normal on the computer.

Is there a way to calculate the new cluster size to get around the limitations of the phatbox?
I got a 250gb 2,5 disk usb, fat32 formatted disk only 100gb space for iTunes files. After increasing the cluster size I got acces to the full space (for my other car).

What cluster size is your 250gb disk formatted? My self I have several dms cartridges never fully filled. Always got stuck on about 150 cd s
(Now I am running on a old one 160 gb hdd again).

Yours mdp

Offline TomasL

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 09:00:26 am »
Can you try again and let us know if you are still having problems. 

As long as there is a list of firmware under 'Select DMS Firmware' and you have selected a drive in the 'Select the destination device' the buttons in the lower toolbar will become enabled.  If not, then something else is going on...!

I'm trying to creat a new dms but I don't have any firmwares to choose from in the list in the Phathack software. I have patch my phatbox in the car but have problem with my DMS.
The create new dms button is not "available".